Marmalade is a creative communications agency specialised in purpose-led activation strategies, brand campaigns and internal communications.
We are passionate about brand building and driving positive change with our client base of global brands and NGOs.
To support our plans for growth, Marmalade is seeking an MD to run our creative agency, with responsibility for our in-house production team.
It is an exciting time for the business with new: clients, hires, partnerships, a range of new formats in development and the-opening of our office in Kings Cross.
You will have had a minimum of 3 years in a similar position with responsibility for operating a Production House / film-based Creative Agency.
- Ensure a robust framework is in place to run and govern the business across Finance, Operations, New Business and Production
- Own the Production portfolio and governance, assuring that client scope is agreed, the work has been scheduled correctly, capacity is managed / conflicts resolved, plans, budgets and risks are addressed
- In collaboration with the CEO, implement an agency development strategy and continuously review and adapt the company direction to ensure positive growth and profit
- Develop and monitor the company budget in alignment with projected profits
- Manage core staff including Production, Creative and Business administration.
- Manage overall business capability, addressing skills development, mentoring staff to operate efficiently, identifying KPIs to track and review.
- Drive the internal schedule and agency workflow, ensuing meetings are attended and agendas adhered to including chairing project kick-off calls and weekly reporting
- Direct, track and forecast all financial data for reporting to CEO in the weekly meeting
- Oversee the account management, ensuring clients receive the highest level of care, that projects are delivered on time/budget and profit margins are hit
- Ensure avenues for repeat work are being identified and pursued effectively
- Work with Production to consistently improve the processes for managing projects and post-project review
- Support New Business in identifying, reviewing and converting opportunities, and ensure they meet company qualifying criteria.
- Ensure client billing is being delivered to schedule and any scope / cost changes are addressed
- Support Finance / Accounting and ensure the correct processes are being followed, bank accounts are managed, and currency conversions are actioned
- Support IT to ensure our software / hardware technology works as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible
- Support HR, to ensure staff are on/off-boarded successfully, that all policies and procedures are being implemented, and the company complies with statutory regulations and health and safety measures.
- Provide a sound risk management strategy to analyse problems and define solutions that ensure company stability and growth.
- Work with New Business to ensure an effective marketing and public relations strategy is developed and implemented to promote the products, services and image of the company in the wider community.
- Act as the signatory for company official documents.
Salary circa £80k / annum