Are you our missing ingredient?Software Developer - Aztec - Client Server
The Zonal group are one of the UK's largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
If you've booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out's app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
- We offer flexible & remote working within the UK.
- Generous holiday allocation + Ability to buy and sell holidays
- Employer contributed pension scheme
- We reward our staff well with competitive salaries
- We give back to staff with our company profit share scheme
- Well-structured career development plans.
What you'll do
You will be working within the client server team, who look after Zonal's enterprise software, developing projects ranging from our main EPoS Solution, Mobile Applications to our Chip & PIN integrated payment system.
You will help to modernise the hospitality industry by working on the latest features and improvements for these applications. You'll feel a sense of pride when you see the work you do having a direct positive impact across the hospitality industry.
Your day will be split between preparing for upcoming development, peer reviews, work estimation, execution, and involvement in continuous improvement.
Working within an agile delivery team, you will participate in all aspects of delivering software projects. You'll be part of the product design, technical design, development, and maintenance of our environments. You will ensure quality by performing reviews, and influencing behaviour-driven design.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with other team members to delivery features on spec,
- Participate in product and technical designs to ensure that team delivers value in each increment
- Performing code reviews to ensure that all code follows agreed standards,
- Actively looking for and suggesting improvements in our processes
Who you are
You will enjoy a fast-paced development environment where the next phase is only around the corner. You will care about continuous improvement and modernising our approaches.
Additionally, The Following Skill Areas Would Be Advantageous
- Experience developing with C#.
- Experience of working with RESTful API's.
- Database proficiency (SQL Server) or other RDBS
- Understanding the principles of source control e.g., Git, SVN
- Good problem-solving skills (i.e., ability to solve issues in SQL/C#)
We are going on an exciting journey and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!
- Knowledge of EPOS systems/hospitality industry.
- Delphi programming.
- Experience working within Agile/scrum environments.
- Knowledge of TFS/Azure DevOps.