UEI Senior or Principal Energy ConsultantBristol or LondonCompetitive salary + benefits
Hoare Lea is an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists. We provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, we provide a full range of MEP, environmental and
sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
Why Work for Us?You'll collaborate with the industry's best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists. You'll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors. You'll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
Working in our UEI (Utility and Energy Infrastructure) team, we are looking towards the new energy future, designing and developing to help our clients utilise innovative technologies, working towards the unstoppable shift towards net zero carbon. Assessing developments, our team is increasingly providing options to developers for selection of generation, battery storage and demand side response deployment. With a particular focus on the energy economics modelling of the system performance financially as well as for carbon is becoming an increasing focus.
This is an area we know we need the very best people to help us and our clients get the best from this new and developing area in the built environment.
We are seeking someone to assist our Energy Sector lead in developing and improving our expertise in energy pricing, particularly where it interfaces with the built environment. Experience in the electricity market and the ongoing evolution with smart systems, storage and distributed generation with built environment would be of particular benefit.
The role requires someone who is innovative and willing to work within a team to champion the opportunity in our firm. You'll be drawing upon the existing experience, to create an improved service of high value to our clients. You'll help engage developers who choose to own or develop affiliations with companies to capitalise on the economics of local generation, demand side response and storage.
Further role requirements are:
- Help engage developers who choose to own or develop affiliations with companies to capitalise on the economics of local generation, demand side response and storage.
- Develop technical capability in assessing a development's financial energy model.
- Offering advice on building system optimisation and energy consumption.
- Defining and agreeing brief with Client.
- Taking ownership and contributing towards delivering profitable schemes
- Be a competent pair of hands for our clients to help deliver key schemes which are often complex and demanding.
- Monitoring project expenditure and reporting to team leader
- Ensure the standards of work and information provided to clients remains high.
- Provide a point of contact for clients in developing their energy strategies.
- Reports cost and resource requirements to the team leader on a regular basis.
- Gets involved in industry initiatives designed to promote the importance of building performance
- Help develop team's capability and knowledge in financial energy assets.
- Make a demonstrable contribution to developing business expertise in the energy financing sector.
What We Are Looking For
- Experience in the energy market finances and know how to put together a financial model.
- Excellent data analytics experience in relation to the energy market.
- Technical and commercial understanding of the construction industry ideally with some experience.
- Experience of developing new opportunities into businesses.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and understanding of the electrical networks.
- Relevant energy sector technical or financing sector qualifications.
- Someone who accepts challenges and is a good problem solver.
- Understanding of wider Utility aspects such as Gas, Water, Electricity, Drainage and telecom networks.
- Experience in energy economic modelling for wind, turbine, electricity or water is beneficial
- Ability to manage complex and challenging critical issues for large complex as well as smaller challenging projects.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
• Private medical scheme
• Life Assurance
• Income protection
• Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars (Principal)
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
• Contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
• Season Ticket Loans
• Professional membership subscription
- Flexible working.
- Study Assistance
- Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel & dental insurance
- Employee retail discounts
- Sabbatical Leave
- Gym discounts
- GAYE - Give as you Earn
- Gourmet society tasting cards
- Employee Referral Scheme
How to Apply
To apply simply complete a CV profile and submit your application, or for further information please contact email@example.com
Our commitment to Data Privacy
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates, to find out more please click on the link below:
Equal Opportunities Statement
Hoare Lea is committed to ensuring that the most suitably qualified and experienced candidates are appointed to positions within the firm on the basis of job-related criteria.