Motorway is the UK's fastest-growing used car marketplace. We're disrupting a decades old industry by helping private car owners sell their car for the best possible price through an online platform of car dealers.
Our innovative, online, product-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 200 across 3 locations.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up, build amazing products, and change an industry.About The Role
Motorway, the UK's fastest-growing used car marketplace, is seeking a talented Senior Android Developer to join our London team.
Our product-driven approach and leadership has resulted in an environment where design and UX is highly valued. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing startup in the early stages, build amazing products, and change an industry.
Our key products are
About The Team
- An online marketplace for used cars whereby a seller can list their vehicle for sale and a large network of professional dealers can bid on vehicles for sale.
- Two native mobile applications with shared functionality and supporting backend infrastructure.
This role is based in our newly formed mobile team, supported by a 25-strong product development team. It's an opportunity to join a greenfield mobile offering in a fast-growing, revenue-generating startup. You will be building amazing products with a high degree of influence.
We strive to use the latest technology available to us, we are developing in the latest technologies - for example Kotlin, JetPack and CameraX.
Photos are a big part of Motorway and the native apps will be no exception, utilising a plethora of what modern Android devices have to offer.About The Role
Focused on Kotlin and associated extensions, such as Coroutines you will be building out entire swathes of application functionality from the ground up. You will work with
- A mobile lead
- Dedicated design and UX team
- Product management
When developing a feature, you will own that feature, from the initial build to shipping. With humility, care and respect for other peoples disciplines; the input of your expertise and experience is not only welcomed, it's expected.Requirements
BenefitsWhat we offer
- Experience with Kotlin, Android application architecture and development.
- Ability to build reusable lean libraries.
- Solid understanding of RESTful services and authentication.
- Experience working with designers and implementing amazing user experiences.
- A strong understanding of what makes a great native application, with a deep appreciation of Android platform conventions and design principles.
- A firm grasp of Android Studio, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience working with version control, we use Git and GitHub.
- Experience of agile software development practices and working collaboratively in a team environment.
- A passion for technology and software, demonstrated by personal projects, blog posts or contributions to open source projects.
- A degree or college-level education in computer science or technology subjects is a plus.
Equal Opportunities Statement
- A competitive salary.
- A stake in the business, via our stock option programme, enabling you to share in the future growth and success of Motorway.
- £500 annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- Health insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Motorway Car Leasing Scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Discounted Calm membership.
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work fully remote for a month per year.
- Top spec M1 MacBook Pro and accessories.
- Regular social events.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing, revenue-generating startup.
- The chance to work with the latest and greatest technologies, free from legacy systems and red tape.
- The opportunity to build products that have real impact and will change an industry.
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.