Retail Systems Manager
We are currently looking for a Retail Systems Manager to join to join our team here at Fuller's, as part of the wider IT team, based at our brand-new Support Offices near Kew Bridge with occasional travel to our pubs and hotels.
Are you an individual who is:
- Passionate about customer service?
- At the cutting edge of retail trends?
- A stickler for quality and standards?
- Experienced in EPoS & PMS?
- Experienced in working with payment provider services?
If this is you, then we want to hear from you!
As the Retail Systems Manager you will proactively manage our hospitality retail systems and their interfaces across our managed and tenanted businesses and deliver business benefit through their effective use. You will ensure that our retail systems vendors meet their contracted Service Level Agreements and development roadmaps, and requires collaboration with internal stakeholders in Operations, Finance and Marketing in particular.
You will also manage the operational effectiveness of systems through monitoring, the implementation of upgrades and new features to existing systems, and the scoping and implementation of new retail systems into the business.What else will you be doing?
You will have the following:
- Ensure that the EPOS systems (deliver a frictionless customer and operator experience along with delivering efficient financial processes.
- Monitor service level agreements and open call queues with 3rd party providers, escalating issues where appropriate. Hold regular account and service review meetings with these suppliers.
- Provide expert application support, guidance and training to pub managers, auditors, operations managers, and other internal stakeholders & system users.
- Test and Manage the interfaces from Retail Systems to / from 3rd party systems. Use technical expertise, working with all stakeholders, to help guide the future development of these systems and interfaces.
- Work with internal stakeholders and systems vendors to trial and implement system enhancements, creating efficiencies to operational processes and business benefit by capitalising on opportunities of new features and integrations
- The increasing focus on efficiencies and digital customer facing initiatives may lead to the scoping and implementation of kitchen systems, event bookings, mobile ordering and hotel systems, including some customer facing applications.
- Ensure that the Order & Pay system is optimised for customer use, by streamlining the configuration, and making use of interfaces and system features to reduce manual data modelling
- Manage the interfaces between the events / bookings system and other systems, such as the EPOS and CRM systems, and work with suppliers to develop closer integrations.
Essential Technical Skills
- Strong team management skills
- Works in a structured and methodical manner
- Pro-active approach to problem solving
- Good team player
- Forensic attention to detail
- Deadline oriented
- Decision maker
- Passion for delivering outstanding service
What can we offer you?
- At least 3 years' previous experience in a similar role, working with the management of retail systems, preferably in the hospitality / retail sector.
- A good understanding of how computer systems and networks function, including the communication between systems over the internet through interfaces & APIs
- Previous experience working with integrated and ECOM payment service providers, including acquirers and payment gateways
- An operational understanding of a retail environment is essential, ideally with hands on experience of the systems used in our pubs.
- An analytical approach to decision making by reviewing and contrasting technology solutions and processes is required.
- Reporting - Proficient in generating and presenting operators, auditors and the finance team with reporting requirements not covered by other reporting tools
- A full clean UK driver's license
- £45,000-£55,000 annual salary
- Annual bonus (based on company performance)
- Company car allowance
- A brand-new support office on the Thames. A space which encourages collaboration, hard work and celebrating success.
- 25 days holiday
- 25% discount on all food and drink in our pubs and hotels
- Discounted hotel stays
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Cycle to work and Eyecare schemes
- High Street discounts and more...