Do you want to own the end-to-end app journey for one of the world's leading genealogy brands? We are looking for a commercially astute product leader with extensive mobile app experience to help us create a delightful customer-centric family history app.
You will lead the innovation of our mobile offering, working to both attract new customers through successful onboarding and to retain existing customers by deepening their engagement at every step of their app journey.
You'll help to shape and deliver an evidence-based product strategy and will work collaboratively to set a culture that values great ideas backed by data and customer insight, good design, high quality technology platforms and efficient, repeatable processes.
You'll own the 'why' and 'how' of the product in your area and will be able to make well-evidenced investment recommendations to senior leadership. You will manage the ROI for your product initiatives and will be able to reflect on the support and running costs, development investments, customer impact and commercial value of what you build.
You will be the customer champion with a deep understanding of customer needs. You will use this expertise to craft engaging user experiences and in-app features that help our customers save time and experience more value in each of their interactions with us. You'll understand how to hook new customers, plus what the levers for ongoing retention are and how to use them to create enduring sticky experiences for customers at all stages in the family history hobby.
As a Senior Product Manager you will work in close partnership with engineering, data/content, design and CRM to create simple solutions, to complex customer problems. We're looking for someone who is able to inspire others, while at the same time is keen to roll up their sleeves.Key responsibilities:
RequirementsWhat we're looking for:
- Own the roadmap and associated backlog for the app. You are accountable for the end-to-end delivery of products within your portfolio.
- In collaboration with the Head of Product for your area and your peers, you will conceptualise and implement the product strategy and vision.
- You will develop, review, pitch and communicate business models and plans across teams and throughout the company, in order to realize the maximum potential of our pricing systems.
- Communicate with key stakeholders to keep them up to date and aligned to the product development process.
- Responsible for gathering customer insights around post-purchase touchpoints through focus groups, field research and data/analytics.
- Responsible for analysing quantitative & qualitative data of user journeys & optimizing conversion rates of various funnels in the onboarding journey.
- Develop right mind-set and pace with the team to fail fast, learn and iterate in scale.
- Work across product and engineering to drive continuous efficiency improvements.
- Deep experience as a senior product owner - preferably managing a consumer app during stages of its lifecycle or have worked on transactional & successful, user-focused products in B2C space.
- Significant experience in new user acquisition, building and designing onboarding journeys as well as working with colleagues in Growth team setting.
- Experience working with app specific retention drivers such as notifications.
- Strong experience working on native mobile apps (iOS and Android).
- Experience planning and executing app promotions and ASO.
- Comfortable in cross-functional teams used to working with continuous delivery and experimentation (e.g. A/B tests).
- Commercially aware with a strategic mindset, able to identify business opportunities and deliver against them.
- Can define and communicate product vision or strategy to others - you have excellent communication skills and are able to communicate with a business at all levels.
- Be a highly motivated self-starter with a flexible, can-do attitude.
- Be able to use data visualization tools to set up and analyse tracking of user behaviour (we use Snowplow, Looker & Firebase).
Family history is a multi £BN high-growth market that is changing quickly, with the introduction of new products and technologies. We've come a long way from our early days digitising historical records to now: a fast-growing, consumer subscription tech company with a talented team, engaging products, millions of users around the globe, and billions of online historical records. Our mission is to connect people to their family stories.
There are real opportunities for ambitious people to gain new experiences, solve interesting problems, take responsibility for new products and initiatives, and advance their careers. We work in collaborative, cross-functional teams. We value our diverse and welcoming culture. We stay connected and celebrate success together in our weekly tech demos and (currently virtual) social activities. Our values - Honour History, Stay Curious, Create Magic and Be Human - provide the compass for how we work together and invent together.
As a technology company, we are fortunate to be able to work remotely during these unprecedented times. Over 20% of employees have joined Findmypast since the start of the pandemic and we have made sure our people are well supported, found new ways to connect while working remotely and even held our annual offsite company meeting virtually for the first time. We work in a hybrid way, combining the benefits of working from home with dynamic work hubs in London and Dundee. Benefits
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays + UK bank holidays. We also offer the option to purchase up to 4 additional days.
- Excellent pension contribution from day one of up to 15.5% of your basic salary (9.5% matched company contribution with a 6% contribution from the employee's side).
- Flexible working, as we want all our employees to have a brilliant work-life balance.
- Enhanced and shared maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- Learning & Development budget, access to LinkedIn Learning and training opportunities.
- Various social remote activities to keep connected as a company.
- Employee Assistance Programme, wellbeing app access and Mental Health First Aiders.
- Life assurance.
- Private medical insurance, health and dental cash plan options.
- Gym membership and staff discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season travel tickets.
- Subscriptions to Findmypast and British Newspaper Archive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and want Findmypast to be the best company for all our diverse employees and customers. We encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other protected characteristics. If you'd like a deeper understanding of our commitment to diversity, check out our careers page to hear from our CEO, Tamsin. Should you require adjustments to be made to the recruitment process, please let us know and if you'd like to share your pronouns then please do!
If you are a recruitment agency, please be aware that we're not looking for additional assistance with recruitment. Please do not send us CVs. We will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited CVs.