At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
As an Event Coordinator you'll assist the growing Regional Marketing team continues to give event support (including anticipated in-person events). The EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa) is currently divided into key Districts, and, as an Event Coordinator, you will report to the Marketing & Event Manager whilst supporting your respective Regional Marketing Manager with event planning, execution and reporting in the Life Sciences/NGS Industry.
You are based in Europe as this role required traveling in the EMEA region.
You'll draw from your life sciences background, and previous experience managing physical events, to deliver all elements from conception to reporting.What You Will Be Doing
To Be Successful You Will Need
- Work with your Regional Marketing Manager to develop, plan, and execute tactical activities that support the goals of the EMEA commercial organization.
- Work with internal marketing teams (such as Marketing communications) and external vendors to develop field event kits (for the sales team) and conference booth designs.
- Ensure that campaign materials and media placements are consistent with brand guidelines.
- Provide onsite support as the key point-of-contact for both 10x-driven activities (e.g. User Group Meetings, Seminars) and 3rd party activities (e.g. conferences and tradeshows).
- Support co-marketing partnerships by promoting shared events and programs that drive engagement.
- Provide input & support to HQ for promotional activities pre-event, and lead management post-event.
- Track, analyze, and report the ROI of tactical marketing activities to improve campaign effectiveness.
- Research, recommend, and implement new opportunities to advertise and promote the 10x portfolio within the assigned District.
- Provide support for regional event management (i.e. in the other Districts) as required.
- Travel up to 70% (predominantly within the assigned District, but additional travel to EMEA-wide events, to our European HQ in Leiden and our Global HQ in Pleasanton will be required).
It Would Also Be Great If You Had
- Minimum BSc (or equivalent) in the Life Science, with preference for Next Gen Sequencing experience.
- Demonstrable experience of planning and executing physical events.
- Key marketing skills: branding, positioning, collateral, conferences and exhibitions, sales enablement
- Experience managing external vendors and internal resources to implement tactics on time and on budget.
- An independent self-starter who operates with a high degree of autonomy, able to pivot quickly, adaptive.
- Capable of wearing many hats and evolve with the changing needs of the company and team.
- Highly organized individual who can meet challenging deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident and influential, comfortable engaging with all levels in the organization.
- Based in Europe, ideally in one of the 3 key countries listed (Germany, UK or France).
- Excellent written and verbal skills essential.
- Fluent English and German or French Language skills essential.
- Based in Europe.
- Experience with event management systems like Cvent .
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or InDesign.
- Formal project management experience and/or qualifications.
- Additional European language (preferably French or German depending on the District).
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.