Azure Data EngineerLocation:
C. London with a flexible working policy /RemoteSalary:
up to £70,000 Do you want to change the world with Data? Data is our universe. Finding it. Playing with it. Working with it. What you'll do:
We are looking for an Azure Data Platform Lead /Lead Data Engineer with 3-4+ years of experience to join our fast-growing Data and Technology team. We harmonise anonymised consumer transaction data and create products for investment and corporate clients. We are rapidly growing with a truly innovative solution which our clients use to understand the performance of listed companies and their business sectors. Our products give real time insight on revenue shifts, market share, consumer switching and online / store sales. We use Azure, Synapse, Python, JIRA, C# and SQL.
The role will be performed remotely until we are able to return to a London office. Our flexible working policy supports our team, whether working remotely or from the office. What you're responsible for:
Your Ownership areas:
- Design, build and run an agile, scalable azure platform that is standardized and optimized to deliver operational efficiencies.
- Develop and provide technical support services, managing a technology stack (Azure Synapse, SSIS, Sql, Data lake) at the forefront big data analytics.
- Providing architectural recommendations, solution and approach given trade-offs and ability to communicate that to the business.
- Leading team members, ensuring they follow best practices and driving continuous improvements using Microsoft Azure stack. Assist developers with both performance and query tuning.
- Liaise with QA manager when software is to be released to production environments
- Ensure that storage, archiving, back-up, and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and recommend improvements.
- On boarding new starters: As we rapidly grow our team, welcome new joiners and support their induction and growth in the Company
Skills you'll have: Essential
- Ensure we deliver for Clients and delight them, everyday
- Overall ownership of the Azure Platform, ensuring processes are scalable, robust and efficient.
- Ensuring continual improvement through identifying best practices, building capability throughout the team and building on the service led culture in the team.
- Strong Hands-on experience with the Microsoft Azure Tech stacks including SSIS, ADLS Gen2, Azure Synapse Analytics, Polybase, ADF, Active Directory,.Net as well as familiarity with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Strong architectural design skills and the ability to discuss the merits and trade-offs of using any particular design approach and technology. Equally happy coding and leading a team to implement a solution
- Working knowledge with one or more of the following programming languages: SQL, PowerShell, , .NET, C++, Java.
- Strong technical leadership / mentoring experience. Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others, applies knowledge to coach and mentor others.
- Experience with deploying and administration of the data warehouses such as Synapse .
- The ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing start up environment, which will require resilience, EQ and the ability to deal with ambiguity and less developed processes / systems.
Project Experience Types/Qualities
- 2-3+ years senior (Tier 3) level support with Azure cloud infrastructure as part of responsibilities.
- Deep knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, etc. Experience of secure network design and integration with other clouds, and on-premise solutions. Designing the strategy to manage IT Infrastructure on the Azure platform for identify, storage ,security and cost management. Testing of Azure Site Recovery between Azure Regions .
- Experience or Knowledge of compliance standards like CIS
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies , datawarehouses like snowflake, business drivers and emerging computing trends.
- Certifications : -Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Azure Developer Associate, Azure Administrator Associate, Azure Security Engineer Associate. MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA Cloud Platform Solutions Associate,
Who you are:
- 2-3 years of design, implementation, and/or support of Azure SQL data warehouses/Synapse , SSIS,ADF, ADLS,.NET(i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring performance, availability, reliability, etc.)
You are passionate about building scalable, secure and efficient Azure Data engineering Platforms, taking delight in successfully delivering for Clients, everyday. Where you see manual processes, you want to automate them, where you see redundant usage, you want to optimise it, where you see great people, you want to grow their capabilities. About Fable:
Fable Data is a leading alternative data company, delivering consumer spend data and analytics products to the global investor community, corporate and government clients. Fable has pioneered this business model in Europe and is supplying data to some of the world's largest hedge funds, HM Treasury, the FT, and FTSE 100 decision makers. Although we are a young business, we are a team of highly experienced ex-corporate and city leaders, building an ever-expanding client list and product portfolio.
We have a generous holiday allowance of 30 days plus bank holidays
Our culture at Fable is all about being Responsible, aiming for Excellence by being Nurturing. Visit our "Join us" section on our website to see how we expand on these core values and to find if out more about us.Please note applicants must have the right to work in the UK