Get your hands on the interface that millions of people use every single day
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the U.S., and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world, while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.About The Role
This Sr Software Manager position requires an energetic and self-motivated individual with excellent communication, organisation, and technical skills to work cross functionally with other organisations (internal and external), who can communicate at all levels of management. This is a unique opportunity for a senior professional who enjoys a high-level of independence, visibility and responsibility.
What you'll be doing
You help to keep the customers of Roku enjoying a world class streaming experience. This is a very dynamic role and there are always new things to learn, assimilate and keep you on your toes. Your work matters as it will be seen by millions and millions of people worldwide, every day.
- Assist in releasing Roku OS software to multiple Roku TV platforms
- Drive timely delivery of software releases
- Recruit and manage world class software engineering team.
- Provide technical direction, guidance, and hands-on management
- Help triage, prioritise and solve issues reported by QA, Partners, Customers or other internal teams
- Monitor quality metrics from the field and take appropriate action when needed
- Drive optimisations in internal processes that help the team scale
- Balance workload and make priority calls in a busy environment
We are excited if you have
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a software leadership role as a Manager
- Domain knowledge in digital TV, video, audio technologies and Linux based system is a strong plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience (Masters preferred).
- Extensive experience with embedded Linux and system-on-a-chip (SoC) development.
- Understanding of the hardware development lifecycle.
- Proven track record of shipping high quality software on embedded platforms.
- Ability to understand the impact and prioritsze issues, and deep dive when required
- Ability to present information, backed by data and analysis to both internal and external audiences
- Ability to be hands-on, and able to do coding/code-reviews
- Ability to see the big picture while focused on short-term objectives.
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.Meet Pankaj Garg, the Hiring Manager!