Position: Data ScientistLocation:
C. London - with a flexible working policySalary:
£50-60K Do you want to change the world with Data? Data is our universe. Finding it. Playing with it. Working with it. What you'll do:
Fable Data has an extremely valuable and insightful alternative dataset of real time anonymous consumer transaction spend data. You will work within the research team to design, develop, execute and maintain technical work products that assist the research team in analysing the performance of a consumer transaction data and how it applies in the real world.
This includes being able to summarise trends at both a macro and micro (company specific level). You will own the structuring of internal and external data needed for all analysis within the team and assist with developing and testing both corporate and investor focussed products.
The role will be performed remotely until we are able to return to a London office. Our flexible working policy supports our team, whether working remotely or from the office. What you're responsible for:
Your Ownership areas:
- Work with the research team analysts to benchmark the performance of the economic and company specific data to assess signals and performance relative to Fable Data.
- Conduct data analysis on topics of general interest, create data insight packs based on the analysis and construct and maintain indices (time series) across a wide range of themes and sectors.
- Help construct commercial content as required by the commercial team, providing expertise based on your knowledge and understanding of Fable Data.
- Assist in the maintenance of a library of ground truth data points either using data feeds from financial data providers or from manual collection of data from documents freely available on the web.
- Develop and maintain code to automate the tracking of economic indicators within our data, benchmarking of ground truths, testing of hypothesis developed by researchers and other members of the fable research and analytics team.
- Assist in the development and testing of future products e.g. KPI product.
Skills you'll have:Essential
- Data analysis of economic trends of Fable Data
- Assist in preparation of data analysis required for client pitches and other commercial content.
- Framework to construct and manage data indices.
- Document (excel/power point/word) library of insight packs based on highlighting Fable Data areas of relevance.
- 2+ years commercial experience
- Intermediate skills in SQL or Python, but excellence in one.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications like Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Relevant experience in a commercial type role
- A keen interest in financial markets, data and factors that drive the performance of investable businesses and are relevant to making investment decisions.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing start up environment, which will require resilience, EQ and the ability to deal with ambiguity and less developed processes / systems.
Who you are:
- A general understanding or appreciation of how consumer behaviour impacts economic conditions.
- An interest in conceiving and developing use cases relevant to the data from an economic perspective.
- Familiar with basic time series analysis and constructing time series of various economic representations of fables data.
- Planning skills that will help you prioritize your work across multiple projects.
You have a deep intellectual curiosity to analyse data and apply the analysis to real world situations from an economic perspective. In addition, you have a strong desire to work with data at a very detailed level to understand the factors that drive the financial performance of a business. You enjoy communicating such analysis to a larger audience across the fable team and help them gain a better understanding of the data.About Fable:
Fable Data is a leading alternative data company, delivering consumer spend data and analytics products to the global investor community, corporate and government clients. Fable has pioneered this business model in Europe and is supplying data to some of the world's largest hedge funds, HM Treasury, the FT, and FTSE 100 decision makers. Although we are a young business, we are a team of highly experienced ex-corporate and city leaders, building an ever-expanding client list and product portfolio.
We have a generous holiday allowance of 30 days plus bank holidays.
Our culture at Fable is all about being Responsible, aiming for Excellence by being Nurturing. Visit our "Join us" section on our website to see how we expand on these core values and to find if out more about us.
Please note applicants must have the right to work in the UK.