C. London with a flexible working policy Salary:
£40,000 - 60,000p.a (DOE) Do you want to change the world with Data? Data is our universe. Finding it. Playing with it. Working with it. What you'll do:
The backbone of Fable's data platform is a suite of data bases and data warehouses that enable the technology team to process millions of transactions every day across the data life cycle. You will work within team technology team and in particular the data engineering team to enhance and maintain fables data architecture, ensure efficient functioning of the data platform, solve challenges related to large scale data processing using cutting edge data engineering techniques. You will have a chance to research and employ the latest data engineering tools available in the Microsoft Azure cloud to innovate the data engineering practices at Fable.
Our tech stack is; Microsoft Azure, GitHub, Azure DevOps, Power Shell, C# / .NET Framework, .Net Core, MS SQL Server 2019, Python (AI/ML related packages).
The role will be performed remotely until we are able to return to a London office. Our flexible working policy supports our team, whether working remotely or from the office.What you're responsible for:DB Development and Performance management:
- Develop a keen understanding and working knowledge of the end-to-end data workflow and ETL processes currently in use.
- Work with senior team members to maintain and evolve the fable data architecture.
- Monitor the performance of the database/supporting infrastructure and implement solutions/changes to reduce daily processing time of data platform operations under the guidance of a senior data member.
- Test our data sets on an ongoing basis using SQL queries. Assist QA manager for carrying out end to end testing.
- Be able to conceptualise and design SQL queries based on ad hoc and time-sensitive requests. Develop code in SQL to support team of data scientists by either creating optimized queries, stored procedures or even summarized data sets that allow the team to perform higher order analysis.
- Help implement changes to the data lifecycle jointly with development team under the guidance of senior data team member.
- Work with senior data management team members to implement data design changes as well as design next version of the data architecture.
- Implement data version control which involves promoting data and SQL code level changes to production after unit, system and regression testing.
Your Ownership areas:
- Maintain DEV / QA environments in line with the larger fable product development cycle.
- Ensure relevant documentation is comprehensive and up-to-date.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality and information security, complying with the relevant legislation and Fable's policies and procedures.
Skills you'll have:Essential
- Library of SQL stored procedures that form a part of the data enrichment pipelines.
- Code that is used to build the current generation of aggregated data products.
- Co-won with senior data team members select aspects of the larger body of SQL code objects that will be developed through 2021.
- Good track record in working with the Microsoft SQL Server stack especially T-SQL and SSIS. Working in virtualized environments is a bonus.
- Solid SQL Development and design skills and very hands on with programming in SQL.
- Working knowledge of Power BI and/or Tableau.
- Knowledge of and a willingness to work on next-generation SQL engines such as Synapse Analytics (Azure SQL Data Warehouse).
- Knowledge of and a willingness to work on next-generation ETL tools such as Azure Data Factory.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing start up environment, which will require resilience, EQ and the ability to deal with ambiguity and less developed processes / systems.
Who you are:
- A keen interest/or some experience in big data technologies such as Data Bricks, Data Lakes, Data warehouses, especially in Microsoft Azure.
- Any python development skills are a plus but not necessary for the role.
- Familiarity/Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI.
At the heart of it all, you live to solve problems and you are adept at translating multi-dimensional challenges into succinct and bite size blocks of code that can be orchestrated together to solve the challenge on hand and more.
An adventurer, new technology platforms excite you and you happily master the use of those to perfect your own work and enhance the larger body of work you are associated with. You love working with database technology and T-SQL programming constructs that help process large datasets and create meaningful derived outputs in a very efficient manner. About Fable:
Fable Data is a leading alternative data company, delivering consumer spend data and analytics products to the global investor community, corporate and government clients. Fable has pioneered this business model in Europe and is supplying data to some of the world's largest hedge funds, HM Treasury, the FT, and FTSE 100 decision makers. Although we are a young business, we are a team of highly experienced ex-corporate and city leaders, building an ever-expanding client list and product portfolio.
We have a generous holiday allowance of 30 days plus bank holidays.
Our culture at Fable is all about being Responsible, aiming for Excellence by being Nurturing. Visit our "Join us" section on our website to see how we expand on these core values and to find out more about us.
Please note applicants must have the right to work in the UK