Principal Cloud Solutions ArchitectLocation: London Job Description
Are you an experienced Cloud Solutions Architect who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organisation?
Due to the success of a number of strategic Gloucestershire based programmes, we are growing our team with creative and ambitious Cloud Solutions Architects. With a primary focus on understanding customer problem sets, architecting solutions, and building cloud based deployments across public, private and hybrid cloud architectures. Your experience will cover a variety of technologies, working closely with development teams to understand complex multi-domain problem sets and apply your skills to solve them.How you will make a difference
For us, innovation is key and we have immediate opportunities for talented Cloud Solutions Architects to join our team. We want you to help us apply cloud based solutions using DevFinOps and Infrastructure as Code techniques to transform the way our customers do business. We are in a phase of rapid growth and there are opportunities to develop your career with us to meet your aspirations.
As a Principal Cloud Solutions Architect you will be expected to take a lead role in all aspects of the System Development Lifecycle. Working in agile feature delivery teams with Cloud Solutions Engineers, Software Developers, Test Engineers and other specialist, to design, build, deliver and support critical customer systems using the latest techniques and technologies. Developing cross discipline skillsets that will enable you to work more efficiently and succeed in taking on complex challenges.
Key Technical Skill:
- Extensive experience working within IT Systems Design, Deployment and Administration, with recent roles in Technical or Team Leadership positions;
- Certified to Professional level as either an AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Azure Certified Solutions Architect or GCP Certified Cloud Architect;
- Demonstrable experience of designing, deploying and administering cloud based solutions across either Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure;
- Extensive experience of administration of Linux Operating Systems within large corporate environments, including CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 18.04 onwards;
- Extensive experience of administration of Windows Server Operating Systems within large corporate environments, from Windows Server 2016 onwards;
- Extensive experience of designing, deploying and troubleshooting IPv4 Networking, including Subnetting, OSPF Routing, VLANs and VPNs;
- Experience of automating tasks using Ansible, Bash, PowerShell, Puppet or Terraform;
- Experience of administering Virtualised or Containerised systems in VMWare or Docker;
- Experience of working within complex or high security environments.
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Experience of implementing Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines as part of DevOps deliveries;
- Experience of secure network architecture design;
- Experience of secure virtualisation and containerisation system design;
- Experience of DevOps working practices, such as Git Branching and release schedules;
- Experience of using agile collaboration tooling, such as Jira and Confluence;
- Experience of using Agile Delivery methodologies such as Scrum or SAFE;
- Knowledge of ITIL based Service Management delivery.
Additional information for your consideration
You must be able obtain and hold UK Government clearances
Opportunities exist across the UK to enhance your career progression
Looking for flexibility? Speak to us at application stage about what may be possible.