Story is an award-winning creative communications agency in Edinburgh. Since 2002 we've planned, designed, written, built, filmed, printed and launched hundreds of brilliantly distinctive and memorable campaigns, brands and websites for our clients.
We're currently looking for an experienced PHP developer to join our development team. You will have previous commercial experience, ideally within an agency environment and able to supply examples of your work.
As a senior member of the technical team you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our award winning client websites working on a variety of client projects across diverse business sectors.
• Experience of architecting solutions using a PHP CMS including theme development and custom module development
• Strong PHP 7 experience
• Ability to architect Drupal 7 / 8 solutions including knowledge of the Drupal theme layer and experience of custom module development
• Advanced Drupal site building, for example having experience using Views, Paragraphs and Search API
• Experience of web development within an agency environment
• REST and SOAP API development
• Version Control using Git
• Basic Linux commands
• Familiarity with Acquia Drupal Cloud Platform
• Mindful of OWASP top ten and ability to build secure websites mitigating common risks and vulnerabilities.
• Able to share your experience; learn from others
• Passion and interest in new media trends
You will be part of our expansion plans and be rewarded with a competitive salary with added benefits below;
Employee Package and Benefits
• 31 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
While we are all working remotely at the moment - when we do return to the office you'll also receive these benefits:
• Fresh fruit delivered to the office weekly
• As much coffee as you can drink
• Pay day drinks on the last Friday of the month
After 3 months
• Matched Pension (up to 5%)
After one year
• Performance related bonus
• Subsidised Private health care
• Life insurance cover
• Cycle to work scheme