GoMedia is the world-leader in providing infotainment solutions on transport with many blue-chip customers: Avanti Westcoast, South Western Railway, Greyhound Buses, ZipAir and others. This is a great opportunity to join a company that helps provide both entertainment and information services to passengers using modern technology on their own devices.
GoMedia has recently become a part of Icomera UK Limited, who are a wholly owned subsidiary of Engie Solutions. With this growth, we are looking to expand our team and scale our engineering efforts and supporting roles.
We are looking for a talented, technically focused, Senior Professional Services Engineer to join our rapidly expanding team.
The successful candidate will be hands-on, taking our Engineering developed products and ensuring they meet customer requirements to run natively, virtualized or in containers. A practical understanding of WiFi, captive portals, Web technologies, network stack and Linux will be crucial to success. Ownership of end to end project delivery is essential.
The candidate must be creative, technical and a strong problem solver.
GoMedia staff are currently working remotely and within Government guidelines. We are looking at flexible working arrangements in 2021 and when life returns to normal, we would expect regular attendance at our office which is located in London Euston.
• Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
• Deployment frameworks e.g. Puppet, Ansible
• Linux Sys Admin skills (minimum 2 years)
• Understanding of Networking: VPN, NAT, Firewall, protocols
• Development Skills in GoLang, Java or C++ (minimum 2 years)
• Experience in a customer facing role
• Ability and desire to work in a fast paced start-up
• Ubuntu, Debian (or other systems based distro)
• Knowledge of Wi-Fi technologies and authentication techniques
• DRM and streaming media experience
• Knowledge of Docker
• Familiarity with Zabbix
• Ability to travel in Europe
• Frontend technologies e.g. VueJS/React/Bootstrap
• All technical aspects of product deployment
• Carry out integration and deployment of our products in the field
• Support and issue resolution of our products in the field
• Provide pre-sales and technical support to our sales force.
• Act as a conduit for our customers to feedback requirements to our product team.
• Help the company improve its product portfolio to meet our customer needs.
Type: Full Time
Experience: 4 years in a technical role
Competitive salary & package
Location: Euston, London
In addition to a competitive salary, GoMedia provides:
• 25 holidays per year
• Pension Scheme with contributions matched up to 4%
• Annual training budget
• Life insurance
• Annual bonus based on personal and company performance
• Once we return to the office, social benefits include: Pizza Thursdays, Chair Massages, drinks on fridays, regular nights out, etc (physical events are currently suspended as per government rules)
You must be eligible to work in the UK without any need for sponsorship either now or in the future to apply for this role.