We are Multiverse, a tech startup on a mission and one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. We're building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our unique apprenticeships serve as an alternative to the traditional college and university system. Our impact focuses on three primary areas: measuring potential beyond academics to recruit apprentices, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning programs, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital and strong networks through a thriving community both on and offline.
In Europe we are expanding rapidly and already work with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.2021 is going to be big.
As a company we have big plans, to continue our expansion and growth in the UK, but also launching our programs in the US this spring. We want to build an iconic company that becomes one of the great European businesses of our generation.
To kick start the year we announced our Series B funding round. At $44 million, it's the largest venture raise from a UK EdTech company in history. The round, which was led by General Catalyst, also features GV (Google Ventures), and includes Audacious Ventures, Latitude and SemperVirens. Index Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners, who contributed to a $16 million Series A investment last year, also participated in the round.
We have also taken a bold step forward by changing our name from WhiteHat to Multiverse. The inspiration for WhiteHat came from computer hacking for good. While we spent four successful years hacking the system, we were only just getting started. Inspired by the theory that there's an infinite number of alternative universes, our new name, Multiverse, communicates our belief in launching limitless possibilities.Requirements
We are looking for a dynamic teacher to join our rapidly expanding Functional Skills team. You will support the team as we build on our foundations to deliver industry-leading content to the apprentice body. You will be passionate about the Multiverse values as well as developing Maths and English skills.
We deliver a range of exciting apprenticeships to varied groups, from Digital Marketing apprenticeships at Google to Management apprenticeships at Westminster City Council. Apprentices who don't have GCSEs in Maths and/or English work towards completing their Functional Skills Level 2 qualifications with us.
We are also looking for someone who has a passion for designing, developing and iterating Maths curricula, to make sure that our resources stay excellent and optimised for apprentice success.What You Will Bring
In this Role you will
- You love teaching and have taught Maths up to GCSE level and are able to deliver English to a high level
- You are tenacious and prepared to go above and beyond to deliver an exceptional learning experience
- You have a PGCE, another teaching qualification, or significant teaching experience with CPD
- You have several years of teaching experience and you are now looking to apply your skills in an exciting and challenging environment
- You're passionate about creating the best learning journeys and experiences
- You can prepare, plan and deliver quality learning programmes to small groups remotely
- You have high energy and love continually raising the bar in terms of performance and expectations
- You persist even when you are knocked back, but also reflect on your approach and learn along the way. You seek out feedback from colleagues and apprentices and respond to it
- You care deeply about the apprentice experience and are responsive to emails and phone calls
- You are highly organised. You have a track record of organising and maintaining documentation and are able to coordinate and execute at scale
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and quickly build strong relationships
- You ideally have experience teaching both young people and adults and can flex your teaching and delivery style to different groups
- You have a proven track record in achieving outcomes and demonstrating success
BenefitsWhat's in it for you?
- Develop & iterate Functional Skills (Maths) delivery plans which are sector-leading, and in line with our rapid growth. This will include the development and launch of a new curriculum
- Review initial assessment data to determine level of support required for each apprentice
- Deliver excellent and engaging sessions to individuals and groups (primarily for Maths qualifications) Each apprentice will attend 8 of your sessions before going forward to the exam
- Train with us to become an assessor for the English Functional Skills speaking and listening assessment
- Build an understanding of international qualification equivalencies and support the Functional Skills team with processes regarding qualification compliance
Our commitment to inclusivity
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Hybrid working model
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
We're an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That's why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.Safeguarding
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service ("DBS") for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently