As a Junior IT Support Engineer you will act as an escalation point for the Service Desk and undertake troubleshooting steps before escalating to 3rd line, and to provide a focused service to senior managers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, focused Junior IT Support Engineer with an eye for detail and a genuine interest in all things PC and software related.
As we are a 24 hour business we have employees on site at all times so we need our technical support to be on hand too. You will be covering a 24/7 shift pattern in this role.
As a team, we are responsible for resolving 2nd line incidents as well as dealing with escalations from 1st line and escalating to 3rd line teams. We provide a focused service to senior managers. The team also manage all domains within the group, as well as maintaining our mobile assets in use across the business.
This is a junior role so a perfect opportunity for someone who wants to make the jump from 1st to 2nd line.Main Responsibilities
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Resolving 2nd line incidents.
- Seeking assistance from Engineers and Seniors for complex issues.
- Resolving incidents and queries for senior management.
- Completing system maintenance, alongside overnight escalations and call outs.
- Managing the domain portfolio.
- Managing mobile assets.
- Creating and maintaining Active Directory groups.
- Applying and maintaining folder permissions or shared drives.
- Managing inbound and outbound mail flow.
- Active Directory administration.
- Microsoft Operating Systems (XP, Vista, 7, 10).
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communicator.
- Good team player.
- Citrix administration.
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills.
- Quick learner.
- Exchange administration.
- Previous experience in 1st or 2nd line roles.