Broadway Engineering is a well-respected tier 1 component supplier to the aerospace industry and has been for over 80 years, serving both engine and airframe OEM's.
The Engineering Manager provides a vital role, leading a team that assess and plan to achieve technical requirements through the quotation phase; the industrialisation (one-off and batch production) to support current and future production and business growth.
We have an ambition to be Zero Defects and are implementing process controls to achieve this, with this role being pivotal in that journey.
This is an exciting opportunity that will suit an ambitious and enterprising individual that can work in an ordered and methodical manner, whilst continually driving through improvements.
- Take ownership of the Engineering Process, its content, compliance and continual improvement
- Assess risks and develop methods to mitigate them
- Assess opportunities and develop the means to exploit them
- Drive continuous reduction in manufacturing & supplier non-conformance in support of Zero-Defect initiatives
- Provide the ability to collate & analyse data resulting in improvement projects and programmes that eliminate waste
- Achievement of process targets that include
- Process transfer to production is 100% accurate (i.e. the engineered process demonstrates fully capable robust manufacture)
- Process achieves 100% of the targeted costs (i.e. the engineered process achieves our quoted costings)
- Process improvements projects achieve their objectives (i.e. Engineering achieves what it sets out to)
- Delivery to customer is on time in full (i.e. the engineered process delivers compliant product at the rate required)
- Leads the team in ensuring continued compliance to the requirements of the Broadway HSE & QMS.
- Leading a team of dedicated Development engineers (Programming/grinding / turning / 5 axis milling).
- Close liaison with the Quality Engineers to deliver manufacturing improvement
- Hosting team meetings, setting objectives to achieve strategic aims
- Support multi-functional team meetings to adopt the best methods of part production
- Support the timely issue of documentation to guide manufacture
- Identify the need for sub-contract operations, define the technical requirements and ensure they are properly conveyed to the sub-contractor
- Accountable for Engineering change process and traceability
- Supporting compliance of material heat treatment and Non-destructive testing.
- Identifying, evaluating and justifying investment in machinery, tooling etc to improve business efficiency and profitability
- Experienced in forming, leading and developing technical teams
- Proven ability to drive improvement projects to fruition
- Significant technical and manufacturing experience, preferably within the aerospace industry
- An approachable manner and able to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally
- Strong inter-personal and relationship building abilities
- A hands-on approach and 'get it done' attitude
- Effective decision-making skills
- Significant experience of metallic manufacturing materials and processes including multi axis Milling machining, Turning and Grinding / Ancillary operations and special processes including heat treatment and NDT (PFI).
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday +BH
- Healthcare cash plan
- 42 hours per week, 1.30 finish on Fridays
- Commutable to Bristol