At Turner & Townsend we're passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.Job Description
We have an opportunity for a Cost Engineer with a good working knowledge of the heavy industry type petrochemical brownfield large scale construction projects (with Civil / Structural, Mechanical (inc piping), Electrical & Instrument Engineering background), to join our Natural Resources team.Duties Will Include
- Manage the costs and budget of the project from outset to completion. Ensure the costs of the project do not exceed the budget.
- Co-ordinate and assist in the preparation of the budget for Capital, Contracted services and other fixed costs.
- Possess material surveys / estimation experience and knowledge.
- Assist in raising Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) against appropriate Capital Budget.
- Monitor commitments such as Purchase Requisitions & Street Buying Requests and actual costs of WBS's and advise Project Manager of project progress on Capital Expenditure.
- Monitor Project fixed cost trends, analyze variances from budget and inform Project Manager on weekly/ monthly basis.
- Report on the status of Project budget - Capital & Contracted Services and Other Fixed Cost on monthly basis
- Advise Project personnel on basic cost control techniques, accounting practices and whenever change takes place in policies of spending.
- Provide advice and assist on financial problems or queries and training as and when appropriate.
- Identify system problems and advise Project Manager on same to take corrective measures and coordinate with Finance and Accounting department for corrective action.
- Perform Ad-Hoc investigation as instructed.
- Prepare and disseminate cost reports and associated data.
- Assist during audits
- Proven experience within refining, petrochemical or chemical industries
- Ideally hold AcostE accreditation
- Degree qualified
- Excellent communication skills
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/