· Experienced Sonographer, fully capable of scanning and reporting General/MSK ultrasound independently.
· Availability to work for Xyla Diagnostics on a full-time or a part-time basis (minimum - 1 day per month).
· You are motivated and enthusiastic about the field of ultrasound and enjoy the idea of working for a private service provider either on a full-time basis, or alongside substantive NHS work.
· You are an exemplary role model to our customers on behalf of Xyla Diagnostics.
· You treat all staff, patients and family with dignity and respect always.
· You adhere to local and Xyla Diagnostics policies and procedures at all times and seek advice from Xyla whenever required.
· You actively participate in maintaining your own professional registration/accreditation, technical and clinical skills. Xyla support all permanent and fixed-term staff with further CPD opportunities and funding.
· You promote equality, value diversity, and challenge any bullying, harassment and discrimination within the workplace.
· You ensure that your key compliance documents and certificates are up-to-date at all times.
· You proactively and openly communicate and engage with all parties at all times.
· To scan a broad range of ultrasound sub-categories expertly, across a broad range of
ultrasound sub-categories, including MSK, general abdominal/renal, gynaecology, testes and
· Can accurately recognise, image and interpret the findings to diagnose normal and
· To confidentially and accurately translate the visual findings from the scan into an
accurate, diagnostic, actionable report, for the referrer to treat the patient appropriately.
· Ability to communicate appropriately and professionally with colleagues and patients, to
facilitate a caring, efficient service and ensure patient safety.
· You maintain all equipment, systems and facilities used to the necessary high standards as required.
· You are familiar, competent and confident on patient administration systems, reporting systems, modalities and PACS systems.
· BSc in Ultrasound, PG Diploma/MSc in Medical Ultrasound (gynaecology/general/MSK) or equivalent.
· Relevant professional registration, such as HCPC.
· Extensive experience of scanning and reporting
· Good experience across various ultrasound systems,
manufacturers, and workflows
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and personal drive