We are looking for an experienced person to manage our store in busy Bowness-on-Windermere.
We are a leading stockist of many top casual brands, including: Brakeburn, Bugatti, Caprice, Casual Friday, Foil, Fransa, Jo Browns, Joules, Lily & Me, Louche, Numph, Orientique, Rieker, Robel, Seasalt, Soaked, Weird Fish and White Stuff.
If you are our ideal candidate you will have a proven track record in fashion/homeware/giftware retail management and have strong organisational, merchandising and customer service skills. You will be used to meeting sales targets and be commercially aware. You will have close attention to detail, the initiative to work on your own and be flexible, with a friendly outgoing manner.
If you are capable of leading by example, engaging with a variety of customers, leading a team, growing your skills and developing new ones and would like to run the largest store in Kirkby Lonsdale, then click now to apply.Responsibilities include:
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Overseeing pricing and stock control
- Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
- Maximising profits, setting/meeting sales targets and motivating staff
- Ensuring compliance with H&S legislation and company procedures
- Planning and directing merchandising
- Overseeing housekeeping
- Liaising with head office and other stores
- Managing staff budgets
- Monthly reporting
Edge of the World is a successful privately owned family business that has been trading for over 30 years, currently operating eight stores including Joules and Weird Fish franchises, with a combined turnover of £3.5m. Our staff enjoy working in a friendly positive environment where they can really make a difference, where effort is recognised and there are real opportunities for advancement.
- Discounts of up to 50% on men's and women's clothing, plus a wide range of quality homeware and giftware.
- Pension contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Paid leave in the event of a family bereavement
- Half weekend days off
- £1,000p.a. sales related bonus
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00-£26,000.00 per year