Deimos Space UK is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join the Space Safety team in Oxford. The team works on a range of projects across the entire Space Safety domain, from sensor development to tracking and characterisation of objects to risk assessment and mitigation strategy development. The ideal candidate is passionate about software development, goal orientated and a strong team player.
The role offers a vibrant and social workplace operating in a dynamic and fast paced sector. We believe in working collaboratively, keeping it simple & always improving. For an ambitious, creative, confident, self-motivated team player this is an opportunity to make a real difference supporting a safe and sustainable future for space.Main Duties:
As a key member of the UK team, you will be responsible for providing software solutions to Space Safety problems. The successful candidate will work locally with the Space Safety project team and will have support in the software domain from the wider international team.
- Interact with customers and colleagues to understand project needs
- Define software requirements and workflow
- Design, develop, test, deliver and deploy the software (with international support)
- Generate appropriate documentation and communicate results to customers
- Provide technical support in proposal preparation and other commercial activities
MSc or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or similarProfessional Experience:
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a software engineering roleTechnical Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of Java (and at least one other language: python, C/C++ etc.)
- Significant OS experience in Linux
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Continuous integration and delivery experience
- Experience working with GitLab, Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Database technologies (SQL, NoSQL) experience
- Database life cycle experience (design, development, testing and administration)
- Interfacing with legacy software (Java, FORTRAN, C++, python) experience
- Agile software development experience
- Fluency in both oral and written English
- Spanish would be beneficial
- Proactive and committed to excellence
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Adaptability to changing development environment needs, coding languages etc.
- Responsible and committed to delivering to an agreed upon schedule
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas succinctly and effectively
Please include a cover letter with your application.