Frasers Group, Sports Direct are currently looking for a Social Strategist to join us at our Head Office in London. We started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We've never been afraid to strive forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We're not sitting back - there's no room for hesitation. As a PLC with a £4bl turn over, this opportunity to grow your career in a fast paced and dynamic environment is one for the bold.Job Description OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Working in partnership with the Football Senior Marketing Manager, the Head of Content and the Football Community Manager, the Social Strategist will deliver creative and effective social strategy across Sports Direct Football's social channels, ensuring that all social communication reflects the brand's purpose, delivers on key marketing objectives, moves at the speed of culture, and reflects people's changing relationship with existing and new social platforms. Key channels will include Instagram, TikTok & YouTube with a secondary focus on Facebook & Twitter. THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are football (and sport obsessed) and looking for an opportunity to innovate with the Sports Direct brand and our brand partners and would like to be involved in the development of strategy, creative concepts, content, and campaign implementation. You should also be aware that this is not a 9-5 pm role and to successfully reinforce the strategy you must be open to work around key sporting fixtures and moments that sit outside of office hours.What You Will Be Doing In Your Role
- Lead the ongoing social strategy audit on Sports Direct Football - identifying areas for improvement, and quick and longer-term opportunities.
- Lead strategy development - mapping the overarching social strategy against clear KPI's that include Community Engagement, Reach, Channel Growth, UGC Submissions among others.
- Be the strategic backbone of the Sports Direct Football creative engine, ensuring all content produced across all channels is on brand, on strategy and fuelled by social insight.
- Ensure that our influencer campaigns are strategically relevant and culturally relevant collaborating closely with our Head of PR & Influencer Marketing on campaigns.
- Keep the wider team up to date on how audience engagement with the platforms is changing (e.g. TikTok) by curating insights and developing thought pieces.
- Identify opportunities for creative innovation together with our brand partners and the wider Football content team.
- Work closely with the Performance Sport Senior Marketing Manager to ensure that our social agency delivering this strategy is on track and delivering against targets.
- Create a clear pathway for the creative team to follow to ensure they are delivering on strategy
- Deliver a weekly social snapshot during the team marketing meeting each Tuesday showcasing key learnings and future tactics.
- Monitor strategic monthly social reports sharing insight and recommendations on how our community managers can optimize activity against targets.
- Manage social listening tools for the team and use to facilitate thinking.
Additional InformationWhat Skills Will Help You Be Successful
A STRONG CULTURAL FIT
- Ability to translate brand purpose and promise into social strategy
- Ability to identify relevant cultural insights and to identify relevant audiences and passion groups to target
- Deep understanding of how people engage with social platforms, and how behaviour is changing
- Ability to translate data into insights to inform creative strategy
- Ability to identify big picture trends, and translate them into clear 'so whats'
- Great facilitation skills - for workshops and creative sprints
- Ability to develop inspirational creative briefs for the creative content team
- We're an energetic team looking for a new squad member who can keep up!
- Fundamental that you have a solution-orientated mindset.
- Football & Sport is a daily part of our lives, and the successful candidate should have a passion for keeping active and up to date with what's happening in the sporting landscape.
- Wallflower's need not apply!