Wasserman is a full-service marketing agency, that exists to transform our client's brands, businesses, and careers
Our clients, talent and properties are constantly faced with ever-changing business challenges, so they look to us for fresh solutions. In today's dynamic landscape amidst rapidly evolving consumer behavior we believe in the relentless and constant pursuit of better. This is how we keep ourselves and our clients at the forefront.
We proudly represent thousands of brands, properties, athletes, broadcasters, coaches and social media influencers around the world - supporting their careers and business on a global scale.Position
Wasserman is looking for a Senior Manager with experience and passion for sponsorship marketing within Entertainment and Sports to join the team.
This is a unique opportunity to be the day-to-day contact for a major blue-chip brand client providing strategic support and partnership management for their expanding global sports platform. In addition, the successful candidate will play a pivotal part of the EMEA Marketing Services team to help grow the Wasserman business by working across various projects throughout the year.
Reporting to a regional client lead, this person will work with teams from across the division to provide solutions and drive results for our clients. The ideal candidate will have sponsorship industry experience as well as experience forming data and insight backed strategies that inform marketing decisions. In addition, strong account and project management skills are essential.
A mix of intellectual, desk-based work, with sleeves rolled up attitude will be a winning combination. You will need to demonstrate an experience of strong work output, particularly in client-facing situations e.g. strategy presentations, day to day account management, and internal/external stakeholder communications.Key Roles & Responsibilities
Project Management (Core Role)
- Day to day lead on strategic sports partnerships for key Wasserman client, driving measurable and sustainable results.
- Takes lead on proactive client communications, in particular status meetings, partner management, project management, and pro-active value-add advisory.
- Leads management of day-to-day contractual elements.
Strategic Advisory (Core Role)
- Lead development of all strategic deliverables (presentations, memos, etc.) to advise clients and partners on recommendations.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to apply measurement framework, track key metrics, analyse results and present findings to the client.
- Uses forward thinking initiative to identify the next best strategic opportunities and continue to deliver top results to the client.
Relationship Management (Core Role)
- Manages client and partner relationships to ensure the client is fully leveraging all benefits and assets.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with clients, partners, as well as agency teams and third parties.
- Assists client lead in the supervision, training and professional development of team members.
New Business / Projects (Additional)
- Builds relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.
- Assists with new business pitches as arise throughout the year, including contribution to international pitches / RFPs where best practice resides locally.
- Quickly understands Wasserman's capabilities and services, and effectively communicates all offerings to clients and prospects.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. Marketing, Statistics).
- 7+ years' relevant experience with minimum 4 years of direct experience agency and/or client side.
- 1-2 years minimum experience as Senior Manager (Essential)
- Proven experience in account and project management
- Experience within a sports industry (desirable)
- Experience working on higher profile sports partnerships and is well versed in contractual language and rights usage (desirable)
- Sleeves rolled up attitude, with strong interpersonal skills that can quickly shift to presentation mode.
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel for deck development and budget management.
- Possess exceptional communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- High level of initiative and works well independently and in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think creatively when planning the right strategy, taking into account key client needs and budget parameters.
- Effective contract negotiation skills and familiarity with contractual language.
- Must be able to multi-task and be flexible enough to manage various internal and external stakeholders.