At Apollo Underwriting we are currently looking for an Underwriting Assistant to join our Energy Team at Syndicate 1969.
The main scope of the role would be to provide daily operational and admin support to the Energy Underwriting team.
This opportunity with suit a recent graduate or school lever who has a genuine interest in the Energy area and looking to start a career within the London Insurance Market. The position offers genuine career progression in a very interesting area of the insurance market. Apollo values:
At Apollo we have the following values and all employees should consider these in their day to day roles
- Innovation in ideas and actions
- Agile and flexible working
- Two way honest and respectful feedback
- Being professional and respectful
- Taking responsibility for our impact on others
- Support, collaboration and inclusivity
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we will provide reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact us about your needs so that we can discuss these with you to make sure that suitable adjustments are made, where possible.Hybrid and flexible working at Apollo:
At Apollo, we are continuing to recruit, and on board new hires supported by our flexible work options which includes a Hybrid Working model. Our office based in the City of London is open and we provide staff with the option of working both in the office and remotely.
We place the health and wellbeing of our employees at the forefront of what we do and we've invested in providing a high level of support for our employees, offering equipment to support home-working, flexible working options, weekly online exercise classes and access to tutors to help with home schooling. We also offer all staff access to a 24/7 support helpline and private one on one sessions to help with mental health.
We're continuing on our journey to create an ever more diverse and inclusive culture, supported by a new smarter approach to working. We want to make sure everyone is looked after and supported.Role responsibilities:
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- Ensuring that syndicate records are maintained as per Apollo procedures
- Maintaining and entering data into pricing models
- Maintaining and entering data into exposure aggregation tool
- Scanning/uploading of risks onto underwriting system
- Data entry of risks
- Credit control and premium monitoring
- Report writing
- Attending broker/client meetings as required
- PPL monitoring
- Data collation for peer review, business requirements, etc.
- Sanctions checks
- Ad hoc outwards R/I work including information collation
- Message processing and validation
- Recently graduate from School or University
- Highly numeric
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good work ethic
- Interest in starting a career in the insurance market.