Senior Service Designer
6 months contract
Who we are
ENGINE Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We Transform organisations through a world class research, design, data and technology culture, delivering better digital and multichannel experiences. We combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience, working across both public and private sector to delivery tangible outcomes in partnership with our clients, built on a philosophy of transparency, collaboration and agility.
Our services include strategy & innovation, market & customer research, change & delivery, service design, data driven transformation and solutions, technology strategy and data and software engineering.
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as Sky, Dominos, Santander, Holland & Barrett, BMW, Ministry of Justice, Department for International Trade, Defra and Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne.
We are part of ENGINE Group's UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, ENGINE UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
Senior Service Designer
• Using analytical and visualisation skills to help frame whole problems for users and organisations - as-is and to-be states
• Facilitating design thinking through workshops with users, industry bodies, senior leaders and other stakeholders to help envision, plan and deliver future-state service designs.
• Inclusive design thinking - conceptualising and analysing how people who use services and experience digital exclusion or who have access needs are supported to access and utilise the end to end services.
• Using service design artefacts, participatory design and holistic thinking to pull together, collaborate with and convene research, content design, product, business analysis, data analytics, technical design, behavioural insight and policy, to deliver end-to-end services
• Prioritising user needs and behaviour to underpin and drive design decisions.
• Analysing failure within a service and identifying root causes which can be resolved or documented for future learning.
• Working in partnership with both in-house teams and other suppliers to achieve a shared outcome.
• Where necessary working in partnership with other disciplines and if necessary supporting delivery of user research, UXD and content design