: Newcastle or LondonWho are we?
We are not your traditional app development agency!
We engineer high quality app's, frameworks and services in some of the most regulated markets. We continue to push the boundaries of mobile since 2001. All employees have a say in our company. We would encourage you to suggest new technologies and processes.Some of our apps
Mecca Bingo: the UK's biggest native bingo app, nearly 10 years in app store and still maintaining a 4.5 ★ rating. Our app leverages many of Apples frameworks including LocalAuthentication, CoreLocation, SpriteKit.
Grosvenor Live Casino: allows users to play blackjack, roulette and other games with real live dealers. We are constantly enhancing this app and most recently rich notifications, biometric login.
BCLC Lottery: a very popular Canadian App Store app allowing customers to scan lottery tickets and see the outcome. We developed our own camera detection SDK to ensure users have the slickest experience possible. Who are we looking for?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic experienced QA Engineer to join our growing team, based in either our Newcastle office on Dean Street or our London office in the city. This is an important role for the company as we have to ensure that we provide outstanding quality products to the thousands of customers who use them every day. The ideal candidate will have extensive hands on Web testing experience and mobile native and webapps for both iOS and Android, including integration and acceptance testing. Your main responsibilities include:
Key skills and attributes:
- Proficient in being part of a scrum team, flushing out acceptance criteria along with creating and executing test cases.
- Be part of and contribute to the QA Team to consistently improve deliverables and quality
- Estimate testing tasks in a timely manner.
- Logging, prioritising and retesting bugs found
- Ability to think outside the box of basic requirements and put yourself in the user's shoes
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience
- Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance
- Work together with the software developer to enhance and improve deliverables
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry trends and advancements for QA
What we offer
- Hands on testing with Web and Mobile Apps
- ISTQB Foundation or above qualified
- Familiar with test managements tools such as Redmine and Jira
- Familiar with tools such as Cucumber, Specflow and Postman for automation
- Understanding of Jmeter or similar for performance & Load Testing
- Proficient in BDD and an understanding of TDD
- Working on own or as part of a team
- Be able to coach colleagues in QA best practice
- Ability to look through log files and diagnose problems.
- Methodological thinking - to formulate sensible testing plans and execute them
- Very clear written and verbal communication
- Excellent organisational skills with a 'can do' attitude and the desire to learn
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Online Betting/Gaming experience is an advantage.
We take pride in our work and will give you the opportunity to make a direct impact on the products we develop, we're looking for contributors, not just testers! mkodo is a great place to work, with excellent benefits comprising:
- Excellent Holiday allowance
- Home and flexible working
- Quarterly team events
- Performance bonus
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel Loan scheme
- Contributory Pension
- Supplies of fresh fruits, cereals, biscuits, nibbles etc
- Friday evening beers
- Birthday off
- Relevant training and training budget
We value our colleagues and know that to succeed, we need our team to succeed and develop and so, as an employer, we encourage growth and progression.
If this is the opportunity you have been waiting for, to work in a fast-paced company with innovative products and cutting-edge technology get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, we look forward to hearing from you.