Junior Data Visualisation TechnicianWorking For:
Redfield & Wilton StrategiesLocation:
Remote for the foreseeable future; London, otherwiseHours:
Contracted, 40 hrs pw, incl. occasional weekends and eveningsWebsite:
1 October 2021Start Date:
as soon as possible. Job Description
Redfield & Wilton Strategies is aiming to recruit an outstanding candidate to join our team as a full-time Junior Data Visualisation Technician. We are looking for a recent graduate or someone with relevant work experience who is technology-focused.
This UK-based remote role will involve working on the visual component of our data analytics to create graphics and dashboards that will be used online, in printed materials, and on our social media. The successful candidate will be involved at every stage of the research process, working within small teams from both our technology and research departments to support projects through their full delivery lifecycle.
In addition to a competitive salary, the benefits include the flexibility of remote working, receiving professional development mentoring and training, as well as the opportunity to contribute and shape a new and exciting strategic polling venture.Role and Responsibilities
You will work directly with the Chief Technology Officer and Technology Team to:
Qualities, Skills and Background
- Prepare and input raw data into various dashboards or interactive visualisations
- Create graphics for social media, research reports and internal purposes
- Create interactive data visualisations to complement written analysis of research data
- Think strategically on how to most persuasively share and display research data
- Identify and highlight key trends in our research
- Experience working with data & data visualisation
- Knowledge and/or proficiency with Tableau particularly:
-Develop, maintain, and manage advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards, and other BI solutions
-Hands on with Tableau Desktop (dashboard creation, report authoring and troubleshooting, data source management)
-Create interactive filters, parameters, and calculations for preparing dashboards and worksheets
- Awareness of back-end administration and maintenance
- Knowledge and/or proficiency of other data visualisation software is welcome
- Experience with a coding language (Python preferred) and proficiency with Excel.
- Ability to learn and integrate new technologies and software tools effectively
- Have the confidence to work cross-functionally with various departments including business stakeholders and technical personnel to exchange ideas and resolve issues
- Collaborate with business users to test, clean, and standardise data to meet the business requirements
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to make quick decisions and to work and learn independently
- Dedication to producing high quality work and exceed expectations
- Personable, committed and enthusiastic
- Background in polling welcome, but not required
Degree in Computing, IT, Computer Science, Maths OR Equivalent Work Experience. Application Details
Include an example of your data visualisation work and links to view previous work.
If selected, to the second round of our application process, we will ask you to create various data visualisations to complement a sample of our own work. If selected for the third and final round, we will invite you to an interview.
Application accepted from individuals only. Application not accepted from companies.