An exciting opportunity to join Boots as a Finance Manager - Financial Accounting & Control. You will be entrusted to ensure accurate month-end close for the Opticians business and all aspects of financial accounting and control including statutory accounts, liaison with internal and external auditors, maintaining risk logs and control matrices, and providing technical accounting advice for new business initiatives.
A bit about the role...
• Lead the month-end close process to ensure the books are closed on time and accurately including submission of results to WBA group functions
• Opticians representative in Genpact operational weekly meetings and manage Genpact day to day activity for all towers
• Ensure all balance sheets are reconciled and control matters are resolved in a timely manner and a cycle of continuous process and control improvement is driven through the finance function
• Ownership of the RACM (Risk & Control Matrix), Risk Register, and other similar documents e.g. contracts log, BCP plans, etc including instigating reviews by the business and other finance team members
Manage the external audit process acting as a facilitator between the auditors and other members of the Opticians finance team
• Ensure compliance with all Group Financial Control Policies and Procedures through appropriate schemes of delegated authority and an effective business risk management process
A bit about you...
• Qualified accountant with technically strong in terms of accounting standards and proficient at using IFRS and US GAAP
• Good communicator - able to explain technical details to others
• Project management skills - able to manage multiple work streams and stakeholders
• People leadership - managing teams including coaching and developing others (preferred)
• Experience around drafting technical papers, external audit liaison, and managing outsource provided preferred but not essential
A bit about us...
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fantastic team that is helping our Finance team. The role gives you the opportunity to be the key link between the finance team and the new business process outsourcing provider, Genpact.
Necessary equipment required to complete the role is provided such as a laptop and mobile phone. In return, we will build a personal development plan with you that helps you develop and further your career.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UK's leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots. jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market-leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion are at the center of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer several flexible working options to suit our colleagues' needs including job share and part-time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference - click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!