We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.Job Description
As part of our Digital team, you'll work alongside colleagues from across PA ensuring processes and practices are put in place to enhance our clients applications and systems ensuring they can perform their daily work on optimised systems while in parallel continuously improving the service, both from a minor feature and service improvement perspective, including the implementation of change to reduce/prevent specific issues, automate processes and improve overall service stability.
As a Digital Operations Support Analyst you will be working in a team, and will be responsible for ensuring the performance of client systems, certifying that any issues are prioritised and resolved within defined timeframes according to SLA's and KPI's.
You will be working alongside colleagues on L1 and L3 teams, or as part of dedicated L2 support teams in larger multi-supplier settings.Qualifications
- Experience in Incident/Problem/Change management with ability to perform detailed technical root cause analysis
- Experience in identifying efficiency improvements from manual actions to automated processes with a focus on continuous improvement
- Experience in using monitoring tools for a proactive approach to system stability which would include defined Start of Day and Start of Week checks to detect potential system issues
- Experience supporting services deployed on the cloud (AWS/Azure or GCP) -specific supporting skills not limited to:
- Querying and manipulating data through SQL
- Working across production and non-production instances of services
- Understanding of OS, including Unix and Windows to facilitate troubleshooting and analysis/fix of configuration issues for hosted services
- Knowledge of infrastructure and networking to facilitate troubleshooting, including Load Balancers/Net Scalers, Web Servers (Tomcat, NGINX), DB, Docker/Kubernetes Clusters
- Experience of transitioning services from Project/Development into Live Operational Support.
- Clear written and verbal communication with an ability to convert technical language into business language
- Ability to assess risk appropriately and to work under pressure while ensuring strong communication with the client and the Digital Operations team
- Ability to provide regular reporting updates to the client which can be used to measure performance against previously defined SLA's and KPI's
Benefits at PA
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on [email protected] We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.