Clifton College is one of the leading independent boarding schools in the UK. Situated on a magnificent campus in Clifton, in the vibrant city of Bristol, the College provides a very diverse, modern, and connected co-educational school environment for children and young people aged 0 to 19. We are known for academic excellence, providing myriad opportunities, state of the art facilities, superb pastoral care and expert staff who deliver the very best learning and development. We have 1200 pupils and employ 600 staff together with a range of contracted services.
The College is a complex operating environment with many of our pupils and staff living on site 24/7. A wide range of operational activity needs to be delivered with a very high level of customer focus to support our provision of a world class educational facility.
In addition, our campus and city location offer unique commercial opportunities that we seek to capitalise on at times when the space is surplus to our core educational requirements.
We are now seeking to appoint to a new post, Director of Commercial Operations to lead both our Operations and Commercial teams. Reporting to the Bursar as a member of our Senior Executive Team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering a first-class service to our customers, ensuring that our pupils, employees, residents, and visitors have the best and safest experience of Clifton
- Leading our in-house and outsourced Operations teams, including Estates, Health and Safety, Grounds, Cleaning, and Catering
- Managing our Commercial team to strengthen and grow the College's commercial activities
- Delivering excellent standards of customer service and value for money, with effective people, resource, and budget management
- Developing a culture that supports a great environment in which to work and a great environment to experience as a customer, pupil, and/or visitor.
- Acting as a collaborative and strategic partner on the Senior Executive Team, playing a full role in the successful leadership of the College.
We are looking for you to bring senior management experience of leading teams in a customer-centric environment. You will be highly customer focused with a desire to continually improve the pupil, staff, parent, and visitor experience and to embed that continuous improvement in the wider Commercial and Operations teams. In addition, you will need experience of strategy, business, and product development, and project management.
This role really is at the heart of the experience our customers and stakeholders have with us. It is responsible for the largest non-teaching function within the College and is critical to our success.
In return, we offer a unique and challenging role where you can have a significant positive impact on the lives of our pupils and staff; a job with huge variety; campus benefits, including access to sports/leisure facilities and catering; and an inspirational place to work.
For a recruitment pack with further information including how to apply, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law by emailing email@example.com or telephone 0207 747 4931. The Closing Date for applications will be Tuesday 28th September