IT Support Engineer
£26,000 - £31,000 per annum
Permanent, remote and in-office working
Benefits: Pension, Private Healthcare after probation period
21 days' holiday, plus public holidays, plus your birthdayABOUT US:
Founded in 2004, we are eloquent IT geeks which means we really know our stuff, but we are used to working with all levels of technical understanding. Our combination of technical expertise and our obsession with service excellence sets us apart. Our job is to make our clients' IT work seamlessly, as well as being their trusted advisor when it comes to new IT developments, including the latest email, collaboration and cloud technologies. The company has grown consistently, and we are now at an important juncture in our next stage of development and growth creating the need for this role as well as for additional support staff.ABOUT YOU:
You are a self-starter with a real passion for learning. You want to be a part of a great team in a growing London-based business. You're a geek at heart and love to play around with the latest technologies. You get a buzz from solving problems in a busy environment and you understand the importance of excellent client service, which means you can also give simple explanations without using IT jargon. You believe that the world can be a better place through the effective use of IT and want to help make that happen. THE ROLE:
An exciting opening in our service team with the opportunity for real progression. In this HYBRID role, you will provide remote technical support, as part of a team, for all our clients, working from home and some days in the office. You will be expected to demonstrate a strong work ethic when it comes to managing issues, have a keenness to learn and develop an appreciation for the various client cultures and requirements. We have a Training Programme in place which ensures you are developing core skills for your future career in IT support and spans both company-funded external training as well as in-role experience objectives. We also carry out regular one to ones and six-monthly performance reviews, providing a regular opportunity for two-way feedback. ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- A solid academic background in IT / computer related, Physics, Maths or Engineering discipline, possibly combined with Business.
- 1-2 years' industry experience (MSP experience preferred but not required)
- Proven track record of working with:
o Hardware and peripherals including PCs, laptops, mobile devices
o Office 365/Azure AD
o Windows 7&10/Microsoft Server
o Networking including LAN, WAN, firewalls and routers
- Great interpersonal skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment.
- A thorough and detailed approach to problem solving.
- An ability to engage professionally and always deliver an exceptional client experience.
- An ability to work under pressure and respond to tight deadlines whilst prioritising workload.
- Personal accountability for on-time deliverables and delighting clients.
- A client centric attitude and a continual focus on end user experience.
- Competitive starting salary
- Shift allowance and paid overtime
- Learning and development opportunities
- 21 days holiday, public holidays, and birthday day off
- Flexible working after probation
- Private healthcare after 6 months
- Regular performance reviews
- A fun, friendly work environment
- Monthly training day
- Regular social events
- Beer o'clock on Fridays