Project Accountant (Life & Pensions)Remote 6 Month Initial Contract£500 per day (Umbrella)
We're currently recruiting for an Accountant to join our clients Finance Operations Change and Project team to provide professional accountancy and / or finance analysis service across all business processes to ensure the organisation meets its regulatory, reputational and commercial requirementsKey Responsibilities
- Provide accountancy input into the development of new accounting business processes to ensure processes incorporate current legislation and reflect developments in industry standards where relevant.
- To support the successful delivery of designated finance activity throughout the project change cycle. Deliveries include accounting requirements captured, reviewed, appropriate scope, validated against IT designs and implemented into BAU efficiently and effectuively. Appropriate MI to stakeholders.
- Drive the on-going delivery of robust, effective and efficient operational finance processes and controls and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Document operational readiness of systems, processes, and data to internal and external stakeholder's and assess compliance of processes which are aligned to the finance target operating model.
- Work closely with third party and internal stakeholder groups across the business. Proactive participation in group discussions. Communicating accounting procedures and influencing outcomes.
- Develop reports and processes and test they meet requirements as specified by BAU.
- Maintaining and applying knowledge of multiple reporting basis and area of expertise.
- Regularly working to defined and tight timescales whilst maintaining professional standards.
- Balancing competing priorities on different pieces of work in challenging timescales.
- Ensuring a continually high quality of output.
- To escalate issues and recommend options for decisions
- Qualified accountant or qualified by experience of life company accountant.
- Experience of finance operational change ideally within a life insurer or equivalent. Demonstrates a good level of understanding of key finance reporting processes, finance systems, data, risks and controls within a Financial Services organisation or equivalent
- Advanced excel skills
- Good interpersonal skills, to build networks across accounting and the wider business;
- Good ownership of tasks, through excellent organisational skills and a diligent approach;
- Develops others, building enthusiasm and positivity