An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerry's, are currently seeking an Accounts Payable/ Rebate Specialist (Trade Terms), based at their Leatherhead site 40% of the week. This is a full-time temporary role until March 2022, 36.25 hour week, paying £28,000 - £34,000 per annum pro rata. Unfortunately, we cannot consider candidates who have a notice period longer than 1 month to serve. JOB PURPOSE
The role ensures that rebate transactions in their specific customer area are all carried out correctly within the Service Level Agreement. The role will focus on the raising and processing of customer rebates, ownership of the customer balance sheet, as well as dispute and claims management. There will be a strong emphasis on building and managing relationships both internally and externally with customers. The person in this role will become a Trade Terms Discounts Specialist and have Exposure to both finance and Supply Chain within Unilever. KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To hold themselves accountable to deliver all KPI's on time and in full in the area under their remit:
a. Promo Claim Resolution SLA
b. Rebate raising SLA
2. Ensure that all rebate invoices are returned with correct level of authorisation and are paid against the correct rebate and have the appropriate supporting documentation.
3. Work with the Shared Service team to ensure effective and aligned communication, in terms of closing invoices within the workflow system.
4. To drive process improvement projects under the direction and support of Commercial Transactions manager and team leads
5. To develop an expert knowledge of rebate agreements and the ability to respond to queries
6. To work closely with sales in order to clear outstanding invoices
7. To raise all customer rebate agreements and challenge any potential discrepancies on the information provided by sales teams
8. To investigate rebate queries and find a workable solution
9. Be a pivotal role within monthly rebate releases in time for month end
10. To ensure all documentation is correct and accessible for audit purposes
11. To produce a weekly tracker and reports for the business KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Be able to build relationships and gain the trust of the key stakeholders
- Have a high level of accuracy and be able to spot/challenge when errors are being made
3. Being able to hold ourselves and others accountable
4. Be able to communicate with key stakeholders on an ongoing basis to ensure we get the best outcome from each situation KEY EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
1. Previous transactional accounting experience would be a benefit whether gained from a query management role, accounts payable, credit control or customer service or part qualified accountant.
2. Knowledge of rebates and accruals desirable
3. Excel to an intermediate level (Pivot's and V Lookups)
4. SAP experience beneficial