Who are we?
At MediaKind, we understand the power of media and how it isevolving.It runs in our DNA. It's our passion. Fuelled by deep innovation, we have a single goal in mind: to enable our customers to create and deliver immersive media experiences that enrich life.
Weare a product centric organization thatprovidesvideo productsand solutionsfor our customersto acquire and dynamically deliver high-quality content that transports viewers towards truly extraordinary experiences.
Our 1700+ employees are based in 29 locations all over the world such as France, the UK, India, China, Israel, United States and more. We welcome pioneers and entrepreneurs who want to be heard.
Your individual voice will be amplified; after all, we are media-kind of people. The role
Our pioneering R&D CoE (Centre of Excellence) in the UK is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to further strengthen its engineering product development activities.
You will join a team working on MediaKind's advertising eco-system, developing components used in our advertising products or embedded in the global MediaKind advertising solution, including products developed by our other teams in the UK, Rennes and Israel.The Position Focuses On These Technical Components
- Video content personalization
- Interfacing system to integrate to broadcaster information system
- Media processing equipment control a nalytics
The architecture in-place is based on microservices and containerised deployments.Key Tasks You'll Be Asked To Perform
- Develop features on MediaKind's advertising software component (mostly C++, Python,
- NodeJs & Vue.JS)
- Follow development quality practices in place at MediaKind: this includes test automation
- and strategy, coding rules, peer reviews, DevOps approach and continuous improvement
- Specify, develop, optimize and test some proof of concept (technical feasibility)
- Participate in technical documentation (written in English)
- Report on activities to both levels - project level (Scrum team) and management level (Nova
- team ).
- Elaborate benchmarking strategies
- Perform eco-system Troubleshooting
We are looking for Full Stack Software Engineers, with 2-5 years' experience, who are ideas-driven, passionate about solving technical challenges and exploring new technology.
Educationally, you'll possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar.
Also important to us, is your ability to work in a team and to collaborate with those around you to solve our technical challenges.Other Skills/experience
- Understanding of IP networks and content distribution problematics
- Experience in development on Linux systems, in terms of socket management, file system,
- Good knowledge of industrial software tools: ADO, GIT
- Familiar with Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- It would be highly beneficial if you have experience in the Digital TV industry
- Exposure to cloud technologies would also be highly desirable, in particular Helm, K3s and Docker.
At MediaKind, we understand the importance of having a healthy life-work balance. We have a flexible approach and support remote working. This position is remote based in the UK.