What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented
business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon.
We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united
as a single team, building a product that is useful
to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.What you will be doing
We are looking for a Lead Data Analyst to help us build powerful data infrastructure, reporting and analytics to support Codat's decision making as we enter our next phase of growth.
- Lead and manage the data and analytics team
- Develop and operationalise data-driven business strategy within Codat - "how do we serve our internal customers and enable them to make better decisions to serve our external clients"
- Deliver analytical insights to help shape strategy, and deliver actionable recommendations across all business functions
- Identify opportunities and build solutions for automated reporting and ensure scalable process automation using a full stack of data engineering tools
- Drive the adoption of self-service analytics data infrastructure (Looker)
- Provide technical expertise and training on analytical best practices to the data and wider business teams
- Identify solutions to and build data infrastructure necessary to facilitate efficient analysis and reporting
No matter what we're doing - whether we're speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful
technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always "cool" but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We're united
when we have each other's backs - when something goes wrong, we don't blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don't let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable
drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.What excites us
- People management experience of analytical teams
- Experience scaling data and analytics teams in a start-up or scale-up
- Able to apply business and technical acumen to structure problems and define solutions across a wider array of business problems
- Intellectual curiosity - no stone unturned
- Proficiency using SQL to query large relational databases and ability to build and maintain processes to extract & integrate data from various sources
- Experience using R or Python for programming and data analysis
- Nice to have: experience with Looker, Spark, Azure