Finance AdvisorRole Summary
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Glascoed as a Finance Advisor.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity as a debtor dispute management and hosting debtor meetings with senior stakeholders.Key Responsibilities
- Debtor chasing and arranging meetings to discuss debt escalations where necessary.
- Debtor reporting including aging profiles, payment promises and dispute analysis.
- Debtor review meeting organisation, preparation of key areas of discussion and escalation.
- Cash allocation support for colleagues where required and ownership of accurate and timely clearance of unapplied cash.
- Management of team shared mailboxes and relevant housekeeping to ensure all emails are responded to in a timely manner.
- Working closely with internal colleagues to ensure data is shared and reflected in the credit management system in a timely manner. E.g AP Rejection log reviews
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Liaise with customers (internal & external) taking personal responsibility for the correction, resolution and close-down of issues.
- Actively supporting joint goals reviews, ideas generation and driving these to completion, including demonstrating the benefits attained.
- Assisting the other Accounts Receivable teams as required
- Provision of services within the defined Service Level Agreement. Escalation of any non-compliances or risks to the Supervisor.
- Active ideas generation for improvements and participation in joint goal workshops
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring you are known as a key point of contact for your service area.
- Taking an active role in daily stand-ups and monthly team meetings.
- Compliance with Financial Controls. Escalation of any non-compliances or risks to the Supervisor.
- Participation in the AR monthly Self-Testing activities.
- Provision of support & evidence, as required, for internal & external audits.
- Production of process documentation and understanding the importance of evidencing the control processes governing these.
- Compliance with the Document Creation, Retention & Destruction Policy.
Key skills & qualifications
- Compilation of work instructions.
- Will have a degree and professional qualification (AAT/CAT or part qualified ACCA/CIMA/CICM) or have experience of working in a finance environment in a number of roles, specifically Accounts Receivable.
- Ideally have experience of ERP systems within a finance environment. Experience of SAP or Oracle would be highly advantageous.
- Undertake tasks that are of an administrative nature on a routine basis.
- Operate within clearly defined procedures and tasks with supervision.
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft excel including how to complete basic formulas such as sums, ifs, vlookups etc.
- Have the ability to present large data sets to others in a concise, easy to understand format.
- Understand Output VAT and other Sales taxes and when these should/shouldn't be applied.
- Understand sales trading, IFRS15, revenue recognition and how this impacts the sales ledger.
- Understand what documentation is required to process different types of sales e.g Goods despatch notes, export paperwork etc.
- Have an awareness of governance requirements including the BAE Systems Operational Framework and a clear understanding of how the processes they operate are controlled.
- Understand debtor provisions and when these should be applied/utilised/released.
- Identify improvement opportunities in our processes and implement these where appropriate.
What we're looking for in you
- Taking direction from the initiative lead, fulfil the duties of a project team member when assigned to change initiatives. These may range from small improvement projects to service transitions.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills. Computer or DSE WorkLocation
: Glascoed Rate
: £15.82 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94560301