Programme Manager (Healthcare)Paediatric NetworkSalary: £32,000 - 38,000 per annum dependent on experience
Contract Length: Permanent
Hours: Full time - We're open to a variety of flexible working options.Location: Stratford based (1-2 days per week in the office)
Closing date: Friday 24th of September 2021 11:55pmInterview date: W/C 4th of October
Are you a sharp minded and driven Project or Programme Manager with excellent knowledge of research funding in the UK and the ability to build relationships with key senior stakeholders?Why we need you
Do you understand the experimental cancer research environment in the UK? Do you have a desire to make an impact for children with cancer? Can you develop and deliver a suite of projects to support our paediatric clinical trial network's strategic objectives?
The paediatric Experimental Cancer Medicines Centres (ECMC) is a network of 11 early phase clinical trials centres functioning as single centre to increase the availability and access for children with cancer to experimental medicine.
As the ECMC Paediatric Network Manager you will work directly with the network, supporting the delivery of their strategy, in addition to developing and delivering on projects to support the networks activity and developmentWhat will I be doing?
Make an impact every day by:
What skills are you looking for?
- Working with key stakeholders, continue to develop a comprehensive scientific and operational strategy for the network, with an associated delivery plan
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of paediatric capacity and capability activities across the ECMC network
- Develop a comprehensive programme for patient and parent involvement in the network
- Drive coordination of paediatric research within CRUK, becoming a key point of contact across multiple directorates and an in-house source of expertise
- Working with key internal stakeholders, co-create a cohesive approach to paediatric research, policy and fundraising at CRUK
- Drive new business to the network through identification and pursuit of appropriate commercial opportunities.
- Work with the ECMC Paediatric Network Members and the ECMC Programme Office Team to support the ECMC 5-year funding renewal process.
You'll be able to bring to the role:
Full job description (please contact us if you would like this in an accessible format):
- Strong experience of strategic project management
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills
- Educated to BSc level or above
- Previous exposure to/knowledge of clinical trials
Here What will I gain?
Without you we wouldn't be able to achieve our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034. So we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, gym membership, and much more. We want to ensure that you have the best work/life balance possible, so we actively encourage a flexible working culture for all of our roles wherever possible. Depending on your role, options for flexibility could include home-working, reduced or flexi-hours, job shares, job splits, and core hours. For the majority of our office-based roles you'll only be required to work from a specific location for 1 or 2 days a week on average.
You'll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.
If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.Please submit your CV onlineAs part of your application, we would like you to submit a covering letter online in the text box provided. Please include your motivations for applying for the role and how you feel your skills and experience are a good match.
*This role is known internally as ECMC Paediatric Network Manager