If you're a domiciliary care assistant or senior carer, who's looking for an interesting and varied role, on a full-time contracted salary, with mileage paid at 30p and travel time included in your contracted paid hours, then this Rapid Response Care Assistant role would be ideal. No two days will be the same, your role as a Rapid response Carer will involve care work, assessing, liaising with the office and the hospital discharge teams. You'll care for and support vulnerable adults, on a short-term basis. As well as an attractive salary £21,500 (£11.17 per hour), you are paid for the whole shift including your time traveling, you'll receive a pension, smartphone, mileage of 30p a mile, and the chance to work for a charitable organisation with a great ethos and plenty of development opportunities.The Rapid Response Care Worker role
My client provide care across a number of contracts - supporting people who are being discharged from hospital, emergency care for people who's family carer is unavailable, respite breaks and long term domiciliary care. The Rapid Response Care Assistant works across all 4 services, stepping in to provide short term care to vulnerable adults. You'll also help to assess people's needs and work with the office team to create a care plan and a plan of action to support the vulnerable person.
Your role will involve;
- Be part of a responsive team providing support to customers and their families at short notice in the event of illness or absence in the hospital and community, as well as hospital avoidance and breaks for carers
- Provide care support in the community via the homecare service, including complex cases
- To play a proactive role in signposting patients and their families to other relevant support services
- . Complete contingency risk assessments, assessments and risk assessments for new and existing customers and emergency packages of care to maintain a 'rapid response' to customer need and ensure high-quality support.
- Liaise regularly and effectively with the wider team.
- To maintain accurate records on in-house systems, to support with patient and family carer case management and contribute to contractual reporting requirements.
Due to the nature of the work, visits may be planned at short notice and may change throughout the day, so you'll need to be flexible and able to cope with the demands of a changing services.
You'll work on a shift pattern and will take part in the on-call rota.The Successful Candidate
- We're looking for a Care Assistant / Care Worker/ Senior Carer - with experience in community-based care.
- You'll be adept at problem-solving and using your own initiative
- You'll be able to multitask and work effectively under pressure and with conflicting priorities
- It's ESSENTIAL that you are a driver with your own vehicle as you will be traveling around the region (Cambridgeshire) . You must be willing to travel across the county to wherever you are needed.
- You'll need to hold NVQ level 2 in care, and ideally NVQ 3
- You'll be kind and caring and compassionate. You'll be able to build relationships very quickly with clients that you have just met and make them feel at ease.
To be considered for this role, please click 'Apply' to send your CV to Laura Roberts for consideration. We are holding interviews ASAP for this role so please don't delay in applying.
If you'd like to have a chat about this role, please feel free to call me.