We are currently looking for 3.5-tonne van drivers to do our multi-Drop deliveries for one of our key customers.
The ideal candidates for this position must be passionate about customer service, quality and have experience as a delivery driver. In this role, you will be also responsible for accessing clients' locations with no customers supervision (key/ codes will be provided), unloading products, and shelving them yourself.
We provide all tools and training. Package DescriptionYou may not have heard of us, but we're sure you've tried our products because we supply food for all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to makeover 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties. Our multi-drop delivery drivers transport Greencore's Food to Go products to various retail and forecourt outlets across the UK.
Distribution Centre in Hatfield is a major picking depot, employing more than 180 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 80 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region. Main ResponsibilitiesRole details:
· Multi-Drop delivery driver nights - early morning
· This position will work any 5 days from 7, which includes weekend working.
· General start times: 6 pm
· Job Type: Full-time
· Salary: £13.30 per hourGeneral Responsibilities:
· The delivery of chilled short shelf-life, products to customer locations.
· Daily inspection of delivery vehicle, before and after the route is complete.
· Loading and unloading deliveries.
· Accessing to customers delivery location safely and reasonably (key and codes will be provided)
· Take responsibility for the overall care and maintenance of the delivery van.
· Keep accurate logs and complete all paperwork during your routes.
· Complying with all Health & Safety requirements on the road and at customers' premises and taking responsibility for ensuring own fitness to drive at all times.Key Relationships:
· To work closely with the Transport Office to ensure correct delivery of our products to customers. The Ideal CandidateExperience:
- Must have previous experience as a delivery driver, food industry preferred.
- Good understanding of the Hatfield and surrounding areas.
- Full UK Driving license with no more than six points, with entitlement to drive up to 3.5-tonne vehicle.
- Previous involvement in offering an exceptional customer experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career. About The Company