We are looking to appoint a full-time, permanent Maths Teacher ASAP in a Alternative Provision based in the city of Nottingham.
This provision caters for students who have been excluded from mainstream education aged 11-16. Serving a diverse demographic from boroughs across the city, this alternative provision is an inclusive and forward thinking organisation dedicated to supporting the most vulnerable achieve qualifications & develop practical skills to go on and be successful in life.
The role will be to teach mathematics from functional skills level through to GCSE - You will be providing 1:1 and small group learning to 'hard to reach' students. Therefore, you must be a resilient character experienced at building strong relationships for the means of building confidence and desire to achieve.
The hours of work are 09:00am - 15:00pm each day , with the option to provide additional learning in school holidays.Requirements:
- Experienced at teaching Maths at Ks3/4 level
- QTS or QTLS is desirable but not essential
- Understand challenges facing students with SEMH & how to engage them
- Have experience in similar settings or working with lower ability groups in mainstream
- Be up to date with recent curriculum changes
- Have a DBS registered to the online update service or be willing to obtain one