Starting in November until the end of the Academic Year, this is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and confident Primary Teacher. This primary teaching position at a Independent Mixed Primary school in Hertfordshire, will provide boundless opportunities to use creative, interactive and engaging teaching methods that encourage pupils to participate in classroom activities actively and develop cognitive, numerical and verbal reasoning skills.Development and opportunity
This is the ideal opportunity if you are looking for a teaching position that can make excellent use of new teaching methods and developments in the curriculum. Using various exciting and engaging teaching aids, you will pay attention to each pupil's progress and evaluate their learning abilities.Skills focus
You will be combining your knowledge of learning and teaching strategies with your passion for engaging and inspiring children of all abilities to enjoy learning, encouraging them to take pride in their achievements both inside and outside school and be confident in their abilities.Main Duties/Responsibilities
As a Primary Teacher you will:
- Plan appropriate and effective lessons ensuring all pupils are learning to the best of their ability. Engaging pupils throughout each class period encouraging them to listen, answer questions and complete set tasks or group work.
- Plan your lessons to meet the national guidance set out by the Curriculum for Excellence.
- Keep up to date with changes and developments to the national teaching curriculum.
- Work with colleagues to plan and coordinate lessons.
- Set up the classroom, organising visual displays and resources.
- Using a mix of resources to enhance pupil's study, motivation and exploration of the lesson topic.
- Teach whole-class lessons, work with small groups and run practical activities using various learning and teaching strategies appropriate for pupils, lesson topic and objectives.
Motivate your class with enthusiastic and creative schemes of work using different methods of teaching, including group work, whole-class work, demonstrations, experiments and play.
- Direct the work of learning support and Teaching Assistants (TAs).
- Provide a safe and healthy environment following safeguarding procedures.
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and teacher training programmes.
- Organise school trips, after school clubs, school social activities and sports events.
- Take responsibility for the academic progress of each pupil.
- Consciously set expectations for pupils' discipline and behaviour in the classroom and around the school.
- Challenge and rectify inappropriate behaviour following the school's behaviour policy.
- Create a classroom environment where pupils can work together to achieve their learning goals.
- Encourage pupils to research topics themselves, helping and supporting individual pupils as required.
- Setting assignments, projects and tests, carrying out continuous assessment, marking pupils' work and writing reports
- Carry out administrative work, including keeping a register of pupils, updating records and writing reports.
- Set and mark homework recording completion and individual pupil progress.
- Participate in training and development sessions at the school, partner schools or other training organisations.
- Liaise with parents, senior leaders and external bodies concerning progress, behaviour, child protection and health.
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English, Maths and Science
- An Undergraduate Education Degree Or a degree in any subject and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE - Scotland)
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Development and opportunity
- Previous in-school teaching experience in KS1 predominantly.
- Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the teaching faculty at this mixed Independent Primary school in Hertfordshire. Enhancing your applicable teaching skills and gain extraordinary experience in utilising a wide range of teaching methods, aids and approaches to bring out the best in each pupil. Apply today.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.Important Notice
: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.