The Application Support Team Leader is part of the Customer Support Service and is responsible for managing the operation of the Application Support Team including line management.
This role is responsible for handling and solving more complex application issues raised by our client base either through the Customer portal or over the phone. This team provides an escalation route for the Service Desk Analysts and works alongside the Service Desk Manager to provide a seamless resolution path for our customers' requests.
This teams provides support for other areas of the business to help resolve product issues and manages escalations with the business functions as needed.
To work alongside other Support Team Leaders in adhering to Support Processes, Service Level Agreements, meeting agreed KPI's and managing key Stakeholders.Responsibilities:
Key Performance Measures:
- Ensure the right calibre of staff are recruited, and in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company's needs.
- Training. Ensure continual upskilling in Customer Support through evaluation, development and training plans for staff
- Day to day management, ensuring that staffing and skill levels are maintained throughout operational hours.
- Managing your team to deliver customers' needs and to continually improve your team's efficiency and effectiveness. In addition, ensure that you build a positive team culture with strong positive engagement
- Problem management and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) with the aim of implementing the recommendations.
- Manage incidents via the Service Management Tool
- Provide an escalation point for Support Consultants
- Provide an escalation point to other teams within the organisation
- Provide customers with timely updates to their cases
- Manage their own case queue in line with Service Desk procedures
- Escalate high priority issues to the Head of Customer Experience
- Liaise and escalate issues and product defaults with the Product teams as appropriate
- Update and propose new knowledgebase articles
- Review daily priorities and take appropriate action to ensure results are achieved.
- Attend Release Status Meetings and Product SteerCo meetings as required.
- Review product issues (bugs) and advise on relative importance/ impact/ priority
- Mentor and act as a coach for Application Support Consultants
- To drive a culture of continual process improvement within the Application Support team and the wider Service.
Capabilities / Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Customer satisfaction - Measured using the Key Performance Indicators for customer success
- Service Desk - Measured using the Key Performance Indicators for the Service Desk
- Problem Management - Time to full resolution and long-term reduction in problems across the customer base
- Education - degree in computer science, computing, IT or business systems desirable. Technical understanding of web-based software solutions, standard database methodologies, interfacing and internet hosting a distinct advantage.
- Qualifications -professional certification for the management of service and support functions desirable (ITIL, Service Desk Institute) etc.
- Experience - Experienced and conversant in Service Level Agreements and Operational Schedules. Experience in leading and developing a support team both within a managed services environment and with on premise deployments. Aware of industry trends and innovation.
- Training - Experience/knowledge of healthcare IT or workforce management desirable.
- Analytical Thinking - Effective at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, and developing an approach to interacting with the situation.
- Applying standards - Effective in the application of relevant industry and process standards to all tasks undertaken.
- Industry Trends & Developments - Must take initiative to ensure technical skills and specialisations are kept up to date in line with industry developments and ensure that all relevant skill sets are current.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94404867