£16 - £24 per hour (Umbrella)
A Network Engineer is required for our public sector client based in Preston. The successful candidate will deliver high quality provision of ICT customer support and service through Installation, commissioning, repair, and maintenance of ICT equipment, ensuring service delivery is aligned to operational and customer needs.
* To be responsible for the installation, maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution, in relation to ICT equipment and services
* To provide technical advice and support to customers, stakeholders and ICT staff in order to maximise system performance and to facilitate the implementation of changes and new products/applications.
* To contribute to the design, installation and support of Network systems, including the specification of equipment requirements.
* To ensure that systems, installations and projects are recorded and mapped appropriately
* To ensure the security of data and services against loss and inappropriate access, in consultation with the Technical Architect.
* To liaise and consult with other areas/teams across ICT when investigating problems and developing solutions.
* To participate in the ICT On Call Rota.
* To deliver high quality provision of support services to internal and external service users
* Knowledge of Networks discipline, IT infrastructure, applications and systems
* HNC Electronics/ Computing/ Network Engineering/ or equivalent qualification such as CCNA or CCNP certified
* Experience of producing and implementing technical procedures and associated supporting documentation.
Knowledge and Experience of:
* Access Control
* ITIL Foundation desirable