Salaried Route to Teaching - PGCE & QTS
This salaried route into teaching allows graduates to gain Qualified Teacher Status, through flexible learning in a school we will help you to choose. This is a straightforward pathway for recent university graduates and anyone who has significant experience working with young people to enter the teaching profession.The School:
Subjects the school are open to training in:
- An outstanding school that are known for their holistic approach to teaching
- The school's ethos includes mutual respect, compassion for others. discipline, high expectations and aspirations and hard work
- a multi-site 13 form entry going up to 18 form entry, that will be the biggest school in the UK
- 45% of staff at the school trained at the school, very experienced with training teachers and an incredibly strong CPD offering at all levels
- Headteacher went to the school as a student when he was a teenager and enjoys supporting all staff within the school
- They strive for excellence in all that they do in the school community in order to equip their pupils with the knowledge, skills and attributes necessary to fulfil their potential and make a valuable contribution to society.
- Located in Barking located in between Dagenham East Tube Station, Romford Train & Overground Station and Chadwell Heath Train Station
To be considered for this training the applicants must have a degree related to the subject they are looking to train in.Benefits:
- Computer Science/ICT
- Gain certified Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Train in a school you love and continue working there once you've qualified
- Exclusive professional and personal Engage benefits
What does the training entail?
- Free subject enhancement courses
You can complete this program over two years. Phase 1 lasts between 1-3 terms depending on how much support you need. You will work full time in a local school as a Support Staff member, while receiving online and in-person expert training to prepare you for your first year as a teacher. This first year will include modules on:
- Knowledge of The Teachers' Standards
- Understanding of The Teachers' Standards
By Phase 2 you'll be ready to start teaching!
- Reflective Summary of Learning linked to The Teachers' Standards
The next phase of the course gives you the essential knowledge and skills to excel in your teaching career. You will be officially enrolled onto the University and own classes to teach. The modules included are:
- Behaviour and Classroom Management
- Curriculum Delivery and Assessment
- Development of The Teachers' Standards
To be considered for enrolment, applicants must have:
- Evidence of practical teaching practice
- Undergraduate Honours degree at 2:2 level and above, if your degree is not from the UK you must have an equivalency certificate from ENIC
- A-Levels in the subject you are looking to teach (Grades A-C) desired but not essential
- GCSE Level 4 (Grade C) in English and Maths
- Must be committed into training to become a teacher
If you fit the qualification criteria and would like to be considered please either apply below or contact Engage Education directly on email@example.com. All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role.