AV and Facilities Co ordinator
We are currently recruiting for an AV and Facilities Co ordinator to start immediately
on a 3 month temporary contract. The role is located in the Aldgate area, working on a full-time basis and is paying a competitive £15-17 per hour.WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR?
Our client is an established non-profit healthcare membership body. A very well-known institution and household name located in the wonderfully vibrant city of Westminster.WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Purpose of role is to deliver day to day services that support use of AV and facilities by providing:
Key duties: Audio Visual Support
- support to College staff in set up for meetings of AV and IT equipment and room layouts
- support to Vacherin team and clients in set up and 'in meeting' delivery
- minor installation and maintenance
- Building maintenance and support of general facilities requirements
- Support the AV & Facilities Officer in managing the building's AV equipment with responsibilities for:-.
- o Act as a point of contact for all AV technical queries for internal users and external (via Vacherin) customers
- Provide advice on AV solutions for event organisers and presenters
- Respond to support requests ensuring that they are resolved within agreed timescales and that users are kept informed of progress.
- Identify, and where possible resolve, underlying problems with systems and ensure that these are documented. The post holder will also be expected to provide a temporary work around for underlying problems that can't be resolved prior to escalating internally.
- Work with the IT Team in relation to emergency networking and patching issues
- Managing the hire of equipment from external providers as and when required, working within specified budget
- Support the Building Manager when required to ensure adequate cover for absences or at peak times of building use. This requires working knowledge of key items of building management systems, security and fire alarm systems. Duties (when required) will include:
- Facilities checks throughout the day, following procedures to ensure functionality, cleanliness and safety
- Supervision of security processes, including access control
- Spotting and reporting any maintenance problems that need attention within temporary accommodation and liaising with the facilities team of the temporary accommodation to reach a resolution as appropriate
- Manage support services with responsibilities for:-
- Responsibility for sorting and distributing incoming post and franking and processing the outgoing post
- Undertaking fire evacuation training of all new staff and refresher training as and when required.
- Organising collection of confidential shredding waste
- Carrying out general office administration duties as and when required, including printing
- Monitoring stocks of house supplies, stationery and ordering requirements from approved suppliers as required, in accordance with the purchasing procedures
- Relevant experience of AV support for events, conferences and meetings
- Experience of operating advanced audio-visual equipment
- IT Skills and experience of managing Windows-based PC and Mac IT equipment and proven experience of digital or on-line platforms (e.g. MS Teams, Zoom
- Ability to prioritise own workload, use own initiative, multi-task and cope under pressure.