SEN Teaching Assistant (ASC, ADHD and Global Delay) | Mitcham, Merton
Ribbons & Reeves are looking to recruit 2 x SEN Teaching Assistants to join a successful and inspirational Primary School community in Mitcham. The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will be required to support children across Year 3 and Year 4 who have additional learning needs.
Within this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will be working closely with the school SENCO, Higher Level Teaching Assistants and other specialists e.g. Speech and Language Therapists to deliver 1:1 and group interventions with students with identified learning needs.
You will also be delivering effective in-class support in collaboration with your designated class teachers.
Suited to aspiring Primary Teachers and SEN professionals, this SEN Teaching Assistant role will see you assist teachers in creating resources and helping with lesson planning. You will also monitor pupil progress and track and report pupil achievement.SEN Teaching Assistant (ASC, ADHD and Global Delay) - Job Description
SEN Teaching Assistant (ASC, ADHD and Global Delay) - Job Requirements
- 3-11 Primary School in Mitcham, Merton
- Exceptional learning environment which offers inspirational teaching and a wonderful sense of community
- Committed, dedicated and professional staff who believe in nurturing and developing the whole child rather than focusing solely on academic excellence.
- £350 paid weekly via PAYE | Initial one-year placement
- SEN Teaching Assistant role commencing ASAP
- At least a 2:1 honours degree and excellent GCSE and A-Level grades.
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
- Previous experience working with ASC, ADHD and Global Delay would be advantageous
- A passion and desire to work with young people in education and make a positive impact on their lives.
- A determination to raise achievement for all students, regardless of their background.
- A willingness to learn, listen and work proactively within a team.
- The ability to be an excellent role model for children to look up to.
- An aspirational Primary Teacher or SEN professional (S&L Therapist or Educational Psychologist)
Apply Today and send your updated CV to Ribbons & Reeves if you feel this SEN Teaching Assistant role is exactly what you are looking for!
We look forward to supporting you in your application to this SEN Teaching Assistant role!SEN Teaching Assistant (ASC, ADHD and Global Delay) - Mitcham, Merton