Arts 4 Dementia's mission is to enable all people with cognitive impairment both pre- and post- diagnosis to engage in stimulating arts and cultural activity to slow cognitive decline, improve their wellbeing and that of their carers, and to enable them to live better and for longer in their communities.
Arts 4 Dementia seeks a CEO with vision to lead the charity into a new phase of its life, to move the charity from being a largely London-orientated charity to one with nation-wide impact, in the context of the social prescribing revolution taking place across the UK, for which A4D is proud to have helped drive the agenda.
Overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day operations, the CEO will support the board in developing appropriate strategies, take the lead in promoting the charity's aims with public bodies and decision makers, and in building sustainable partnerships with arts and non-profit organisations to deliver social prescribing to the arts.
Candidates should have several years previous working experience as CEO or senior manager in the charity sector, preferably demonstrating success in campaigning and advocacy. But above all Arts 4 Dementia needs a CEO with passion for its mission.
The Trustees will look for evidence of experience / strengths in the following areas:
- Experience in the arts and/or health (and if possible dementia)
- A track record in leadership, ideally in a charity or a not-for profit arts organisation.
- Ability to think strategically, convert strategy to realistic plans and drive a growth agenda.
- Effective communicator with experience and presence to engage with senior management of other organisations in the charity or public sectors and to build strong external relationships.
- Provision of strong but sympathetic leadership and motivation to staff and volunteers, and delegate appropriately.
- Experience with budgets, financial management, Board reporting.
- Appreciation of the principles of good corporate governance particularly as applied to UK Charities.
The role is currently remote. We may revert to an office location in the foreseeable future in which case it is likely to be in London.
You can find out more about A4D from our website at www.art4dementia.org.uk.
An abridged job description is available.
Please submit your application by email to Tim O'Brien, Chair of the Trustees of Arts 4 Dementia, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday 3rd October 2021.