Service Delivery Manager - Edinburgh - Inside IR35Day Rate - up to 550Duration - 6 months
Harvey Nash's Client, a large Public Sector Organisation, are looking for an experienced Service Delivery Manager to support their Mobile Workforce Management (MWM) project.Responsibilities
Essential Skills & Experience
- Ownership of a set of IT Services delivered to business functions, ensuring integrity is maintained and performance managed.
- Conduct IT service reviews with business functions and service providers, ensuring vendors achieve the required targets.
- Assume responsibility for the achievement of all business facing IT service measures ensuring agreed business outcomes are achieved.
- Take accountability for escalated issues and Managed Incidents, ensuring prioritisation of technical resources to achieve desired outcomes.
- Clearly understand the business priorities and drivers, ensuring roadmaps for IT services are aligned accordingly.
- Ensure new Services are introduced effectively with appropriate monitoring, metrics and support in place.
- Protect services by managing risks, approving changes and planning releases.
- Work with Delivery stakeholders to foster and maintain a service culture and continuous improvement ethos.
- Work closely with Programme Management to define the project delivery approach and maintain a strong Project Delivery structure and culture.
- Support the project manager to create realistic project schedules and plans, and ensure they are maintained.
- Identify, assess and manage risks, opportunities and issues in line with programme guidance to maximise the success of the project and to minimise negative impact to quality, budget, and time line.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Extensive project delivery experience in service delivery management
- End to end delivery of a complex and responsive operation to predefined deadlines.
- Delivering public sector projects, ideally with an awareness of the processes required to support the delivery of legislation.
- Building networks and partnerships, and of developing strong relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Management of 3rd party suppliers to deliver in partnership with internal teams.
- Experience of shaping and initiation of work streams.
- Track record of both Agile and waterfall deliveries.
Please note a BPSS clearance is required for this role, to avoid delays it is advised that you have a valid basic disclosure/disclosure Scotland when applying.