Senior Purchasing ManagerNorthamptonshireLeading Food Production BusinessCompetitive Basic + Package
Are you an ambitious purchasing leader, looking to inherit a pivotal role looking to drive exciting procurement projects across a fast paced, fresh produce business? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth and forecasting further expansion in the years to come and currently embarking on significant business transformation - then this is the role for you!
This Northamptonshire based Food Production Business, who take pride in delivering a number of well-known products to their diverse portfolio of clients, are looking to recruit a Senior Purchasing Manager . This role is responsible for the effective sourcing management of all non-whole fresh produce procurement, driving procurement strategies alongside NPD and deputising for the Procurement Director in their absence to manage the team.Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure supply management effectiveness; including a reliable and timely supply of quality goods whilst reducing total cost, continuously improving supplier value through the development and effectively executing sourcing strategies and plans.
- Develop and implement category sourcing plans that supports the Business strategy, including programs to assure continuous and quality supply to sites while improving the overall value proposition. Develop and actively Develop long range sourcing plans for key, identified commodities.
- Manage strategic relationships with suppliers globally, ensuring business requirements are fully understood and met and that supplier performance is measured and regularly evaluated.
- Manage risk. Build and analyse the risk position and propose mitigations where appropriate. Where necessary manage multiple suppliers and/or contingency suppliers on key materials. Continuously adapt to suit new potential risks.
- Provide regular reporting on purchasing activity, supplier performance and market activity.
- Work closely with Supply Chain to ensure smooth flow of product and to resolve any concerns and problems where they occur.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement, education and empowerment in the department and across the business.
- Line manage the Procurement Manager. Ensure they have clear objectives, and are motivated, appropriately trained and fully supported to carry out their responsibilities. Provide on-going evaluation and management of their performance.
- Build strong relationships across the business, including Site Operations, Planning, NPD and Technical teams to understand business requirements, offer alternatives and CI.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- The successful candidate will be articulate and highly intelligent. Ideally they will have a relevant degree, but this is not essential.
- They will have excellent communication skills, interpersonal and written. Able to address both small and larger groups. They will have the ability to influence, persuade, convince and align stakeholders to ideas and direction
- Dynamic self-starter, who requires limited supervision, is goals oriented and delivers consistently results.
- At least 7 years relevant procurement and ideally broader supply chain experience.
- At least 5 years' experience buying in relevant food markets. Their buying background should be diverse, ideally including food products, food ingredients, flavourings and packaging. They will have experience guiding procurement fundamentals for capital expenditure and MRO.
- They will have considerable experience working with mid-sized manufacturing organisations in fast-moving changeable environments. Ideally they will have some large business experience.
- They must be equally comfortable dealing with anything from high-level negotiations to rolling up their sleeves and dealing with issues. They will expect to be complete tasks end-to-end themselves.
- A track record of effective supplier negotiation and contract management. They will have a solid understanding of relevant contractual law.
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to or alternatively please apply via the link below.Privacy Statement