Vitality, Financial Risk Manager, Bournemouth/London, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Internal job title: Financial Operational Risk Manager
We're the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we're out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you'll enjoy: Free places to Vitality sponsored run events, online fitness classes and wellbeing workshops, competitions to win tickets to top-flight sporting events, health checks, and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It's what we call offering shared value because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members, and good for you.As ourFinancial Risk Manager, you'll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Vitality Partners and Rewards - Apple Watch, Garmin, Champneys Spa days, half-price gym memberships, Disney Store discounts to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more.
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards - a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
As our Financial Risk Manager,
you will support the Group Chief Financial Officer in the delivery of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and promotion of a positive risk culture across Vitality's Finance function. You will also promote and embed best practice in managing risk within the 'first line' Finance function.Responsibilities of our Financial Risk Manager include:
What we are looking for in our ideal Financial Risk Manager:
- Performing and assisting Line Managers and Business teams to complete Operational Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSAs) in line with the Group Risk Management Framework
- Ensuring that existing Risk Policies and Business Standards are effectively implemented across business teams and that these are attested to and updated in line with their review schedules.
- Facilitating feeds for relevant 'first line' Committees, 'second line' risk and compliance reporting, Internal Audit, and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring appropriate escalation and response when operational incidents or risk losses are identified
- Contributing to the continued development and implementation of strategy for risk management across the Vitality Finance Operations
- Monitoring internal financial controls (IFCs), Financial Reporting Controls (FRCs) and other key risk indicators regularly and reporting on the adequacy and effectiveness of these key controls to the 'second line'
- Coordinating annual CEO/CFO attestation process with Group Finance
- Risk management experience in financial services, preferably insurance or investment business
- Experience of working with front line business units in implementing and enhancing risk management frameworks through risk and control workshops
- The ability to work independently, with minimal guidance
Thursday 30th September 2021
Working for Vitality
, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Financial Risk Manager
,thenplease click 'apply'